Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pooping on the floor.

Real Name
    Marizan
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mishka
    Likes (Received)

When my baby Mishka have accidents in the house suddenly, she is always sick! So I would advice 2 make sure you're bullie baby isn't ill. And if not start the every 2 hour potty outside thing!! Never hit them, they don't respond well 2 this! They resond by loads of positive re-inforcement!! Good luck

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Pooping on the floor.

Lola went pee on my couch day before yesterday again and I have to say I have had enough! My puppy Lucy who is almost 9 weeks uses the litter box and hasnt had a accident on the floor in almost a week. Lola on the other hand is a whole different story. She goes poo on the floor twice a day which is every time she goes poop and she will pee at least once if not more. I will take her outside and walk around with her and she will not go but the minute we come inside she will go all over. She knows she is doing wrong to because she will go and hide after. day before yesterday she got on the couch where Lucy was sleeping and went pee in her and the couch! That was the last straw not she is on a leash and can't get on the couch. Yesterday she didnt have any accidents in the house and we have went back to basics taking her out every hour. My question is when you make them stay off the couch how many days do you make her stay off? She really has been hating the not allowed on the couch thing and I think to her that is a major punishment. I really would like to trust her and I miss her snuggles, she has always slept between my legs in the recliner since the day I got her so this has been major for her. I don't want to punish her and put her in her crate because thats her bed and I don't want her to look at it in a bad way. She is still her loving self and good to the puppy its just her potty habits! To me I am taking it as she is trying to prove to the puppy she is alpha because this has started since bringing Lucy home. Anyone have any other advice? How how long to keep Lola off the couch?

Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diva
    Likes (Received)

I just dont see it as an accident if she refuses to go outside. She is 4 years old and she knows where and where not to go. She only does this when she is left alone downstairs (she never learned to climb stairs) and I dont feel like carrying her up the stairs. Its out of rebellion.
    I kiss my bulldog on the lips too!

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DivisionByZero View Post
    I just dont see it as an accident if she refuses to go outside. She is 4 years old and she knows where and where not to go. She only does this when she is left alone downstairs (she never learned to climb stairs) and I dont feel like carrying her up the stairs. Its out of rebellion.
    She may be doing it b/c she is scared. She may not like being alone downstairs when she knows the humans arent with her! Just my opinion dont have much advice on this!
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Bulldog(s) Names
    Debo
    Likes (Received)

Maybe she's pissed, literally.

Bulldogs are angels in fur coats

Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diva
    Likes (Received)

scared to be alone? could be, but i dont know. she usually sleeps when she's alone. I have tried everything to get her to get over her fear of climbing the stairs and I cant pick her up all the time. she's so heavy.
    I kiss my bulldog on the lips too!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

scared to be alone? could be, but i dont know. she usually sleeps when she's alone. I have tried everything to get her to get over her fear of climbing the stairs and I cant pick her up all the time. she's so heavy.

So..do you think she is afraid of the stairs? That's not uncommon for many dogs. I don't think its out of rebellion. What is she rebelling against? Do you yell at her or smack her in order to get her outside? Or because she won't go? Sometimes the trigger can be sooo subtle it's not easy to figure out. But you would have to seriously think of what changed or happened when her behavior changed. If I had to guess...Since she ONLY does this when left alone downstairs...It sure sounds like she is trying to get your attention. And if she has a fear of going up AND down those steps...she can't be with you. Good Luck..I hope you can help her over this..

Bulldog Walker Become a 4 Paw Member Bruno and Gidget's Avatar
    Real Name
    Gloria
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruno & Gidget
    Likes (Received)

Rest assured, our Bruno did exactly this when we got Gidget. She had a few accidents inside the house, as puppies do. Then sure enough, I see a big poop in roughly the same area. I knew this was Bru's poop as the diameter was large (ha!). I put it down to testing the boundaries too. He obviously thought, if she can do it, I'm doing it too! All you can do is be patient, clean it up and as the new puppy has less accidents, this won't happen anymore. Goodluck.

Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

Lola is doing it because she is upset about the puppy. I am really upset! I have kept her off the couch and she still does it I have just about given up! In her mind something has to change or I think she will keep doing it so hopefully things calm down and she gets used to the puppy and she quits this crap!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Our 4 year old bulldog has started doing this very same thing! Suddenly, she refuses to go outside anymore. When she does this, she gets her @$$ whipped and put in the crate for a couple hours. This sort of works but not really
    Please do tell me you are not serious? she can totally be afraid of something that is causing her to not climb the stairs or she could have an issue which causes pain when she does. "hitting an animal teaches them nothing but more fear and crating for hours also does nothing as dogs have no concept of time'.... you may be adding to her issues by not addressing what could be going on.

Have you tried to coax her up the stairs with treats and positive reinforcement?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

agingermom's minion and cabana boy Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    jimmy
    Country
    Scotland .
    Bulldog(s) Names
    diesel - paisley & nula
    Likes (Received)

If its only just happened since you got your puppy or around that time I would say it attention. Our bully's are very demanding and can be attention seekers.
    Bring a ( 3rd party ) into your home and sharing your bully's time / attention could cause you baby to do this.
    Hopefully after a few weeks she'll calm down.

Hang in there

Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

I think sharing the attention is part of it so I have been trying to love on her more even though Im mad because I do love her and want her to be happy just wish she would quit going potty all over so I hope with time things get better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads