Help Needed! Barking

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I think the starting from puppies thing is a little late for Otis but I can definitely give the rest a try. Otis IS the problem. I've found if I let the girls out first they are quiet as church mouses. It's only when ut-oh starts losing his mind that the rest follow.

That's the good news; it's just Otis. Control him and your troubles are over!

I noticed something else with Bea the other day. She was barking at a truck that was unloading cars at a nearby car lot. It's noisy. I let her have a couple of alert "woofs" and then I "Ack'ed" to disagree with the barking. She persisted. And persisted. I opened the door and let her into the house --- which was my mistake. I should stayed there and followed through, but I was being lazy...and wanted to get back to whatever I was doing. In my rush to get thru the day, I think I miss plenty of opportunities for leadership exercises and these little "lessons" add up and provide more gumption behind the bigger lessons....

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
Thank you very much. Lilly is trying to hang in there, but I can tell she gets tired very quickly.

Irish Bully

Feb 25, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
I dont have that problem outside, but I do inside - if I'm not playing with him every single second of the day - it's on like donky kong - bark, whine etc....drives me nuts and no idea how to cure it. I say, "no barking" so he looks at me and barks more as if he's talking back. Then he may stop barking and instead I get the whine....
He's too much of a scardy cat to bark outside, usually if he wants to bark it's an under his breath bark, which is pretty funny.

I have an issue with this as well. We can go for a walk, play for 3 hours, and if i sit down on the couch for 1 second, its all barks. I ignore it but he will literally bark for hours in this situation. If i put him in his crate he quiets down, however i hate to have him in it so much and really want to have him free of the thing completely by 6 months. That said, if he barks every time he is out of it and i'm not playing then we have a problem.

any advice would be helpful

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
Mr ADHD does this too and it drives me insane. But Im strong 75% of the time. But he goes on fits in his crate too...

Be strong ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

No members online now.