potty training question

Luci Jo's mama

Jan 1, 2013
fleetwood pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Luci Jo
Hello everyone!! I have a question..my bully knows what outside is for and she goes right away and comes back to the door..she also holds it in her crate the entire night with no problem..but my problem with her is when she's loose and running free she can only hold it for about 40 min and then. Pees inside.. if I take her out that often she won't have accidents at all..it just seems if I don't take her out every thirty min she will go inside but holds it all night??..I don't get it why she cannot hold it already a few hours being she is four months old and I don't give her too much water..only some with her meals..maybe I caused this by letting her out too much???? Please help thank you

PapaSmurf2

Bike riding, bully loving soldier
Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
Gracie's the same way. Since its been warm here we've been leaving the back door open (the back yard is fenced in) and all the dogs come and go as they please. We always leave water down for them, but take it up about an hour before bed time. We just started letting her come to bed with us and she is able to hold for about four hours when she loving wakes me up by sticking her tongue down my ear. When we first got her she would pee literally every five minutes. Our vet said the training just comes with age. So far it seems to be going well.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
My only suggestion would be if you see her in the act, as quick at the start as possible, take her outside to pee. You are probablly already doing that but with repetiton she will learn that peeing is for outside.
And don't clean up the accident with windex or any ammonia based cleaner

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Yep, that's how it goes! Went thru that with Bogey. He has been holding it in all night since 9 weeks old, but if he was up during the day, it was every 30 minutes, sometimes more! It seems we were in and out of the house all day long! BUT, there is light at the end of the tunnel! He has decreased his frequency greatly over the past 2 week (he is 16 weeks now). He still goes out everytime I take him out, but he goes hours in between if we are inside. Istill watch him like a hawk, as he has had a couple of accidents, but they are few and far between.It will get better as she gets older! Keep the consistency up and lots of praise for going potty outside!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.