Other You can ring my beeeeeeelllllll, ring my bell!!!

PapaSmurf2

Bike riding, bully loving soldier
Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
In typical Bully style, Gracie figured out quick that when she wanted to go inside she needed to go to the door and bark. However, when it came to needing to go out, she would sit at the door and not make any noise. She would eventually use the floor right next to the door. Skye and I had heard about a dog ringing a bell to let her skin parents know she had to go out, and decided to try it. Two days later and Gracie is ringing her bell....I suggest it to everyone with a dog who doesn't bark to go out.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Yes that is what I do with Lola! I went to walmart and in the dog section they have a strip of bells that hangs from the door it is by that OUT brand. I like it because they have to just lightly touch it and I can hear the bells.

OP
PapaSmurf2

PapaSmurf2

Bike riding, bully loving soldier
Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
That's exactly what we use....they work great. The first time she used it on her own I was in the back room remodeling (used to be a gym area, but now that we're retired we thought we should make it into something we would use. So now it's a bar!!! Lol) and Skye was in the kitchen. She told me Gracie was in the baby seat (not hers but the baby's) playing with the toys. I walked out to shoo her out and she wasn't there.....she was at the door ringing the bells!!!! :2thumbs:

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I love those bells! Im depending on Lola to train our new baby that we get in febuary so I have been making sure she rings the bells every time!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
She's such a smart girl.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
That's awesome, we tried this with Bacon and he was afraid of the bells. He has started using his doggy door at night now so that is good.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well.. she sure is a smart cookie! We tried it with Banks -- no go!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
(used to be a gym area, but now that we're retired we thought we should make it into something we would use. So now it's a bar!!! Lol)

LMAO .... :ROFL: ......... I like your style!!

EstellaChunk

Feb 7, 2013
Spring Lake, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Estella
Do you think it would be possible to train an older dog to do this? Estella is pretty good on the potty training but sometimes if I don't get up quick enough in the morning shell pee right in the middle of the room. She also makes no noise at all.

L

Lucy-licious

Bells did kind of work with Billy....he is another one that sits by the door to go out. We tried the bells, he barked at them cis they scurred him. :ROFL:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.