General Question Eating like a HOG!!!

Bellababy1

Jun 13, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Ok Im wanting to know if this is normal or just plan being uncalled for.. My 10 month old bully still eats like she's never gonna eat again she inhales her food so fast and acts like she has or will never eat again she's done this since she's was 9 weeks old.. I have trained her to sit and wait on my command to eat but when she goes its on like omg food food.. I feed her twice a day and she gets home cooked food. So any suggestions on how to Make her slow down and eat slower!! Thank u all

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Bogey is the same way! He always had severe hiccups after eating, so I know he was swallowing a lot of air! I purchased a "slow feeder"bowl. There are several different varieties. Mine has a big mound in the middle and he has to eat around the mound. It really slows him down. There are others that are sectioned off, but it did not look like his wide mouth could get in there, and then there are "feeder balls" you can put right in the dish so she has to eat around them. It took Bogey a little bit to get used to it, but he is doing great with it and hiccups are non existant! Good luck!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
You can get stainless steel balls to put in their bowl that slows them down. Or, a Slow Feed Bowl.

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
Have you found stainless steel slow eating bowls? I seem to only be able to find plastic ones and I do not want those.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
They sell them at Bed Bath and Beyond.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lulu belle

Jan 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
Max is 6 still eats every meal as if he hasn't eaten in days.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 114

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Mine is the same way... since we got her. I am not quite sure she has ever tasted any food since she just inhales it!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
All my bullies eat as if they haven't been fed in weeks ... you'd think I starve them or something!!!

So we got the slow-feeders, unfortunately they are plastic ones! As none of my bullies have a problem with plastic it's been ok but I do see the need for stainess steel slow feeders!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks is 7 yrs old and still doe this. I also make her sit across the room and wait to till I say she can go to the bowl. I have added a little water to the food which has slowed her down a bit, but she still is fast

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Emma eats like someone's going to take her food if she doesn't hurry up. She's 14 months now. Wilson, he's 2, and he's always been a slower eater.

Pennview79

Dec 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston (Winnie the Pooh Bear :-) )
Winston was doing the same thing....we called him the vacuum cleaner because it was like someone turned a vacuum on and the food was instantly gone!

Like the others were saying, we got him a slow feed bowl and it has worked wonders. He still goes at it like like he hasn't been fed in days and doesn't know when he will again, but now it takes him a lot longer to finish it. Surprisingly there are even times that he walk away with food still in his bowl.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Lola is the same way! She always burps after and then wonders the house looking for more food!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.