General Question Crate training at night

bcarro45

Jan 15, 2013
Pasadena,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Beaux
I havea quick question, I work night shift so I can come and go and let my puppy out. We put him down art 10:30, i came home at 1, 3 & 5 am. He did good until the time between 3 & 5, does anyone thinkI am taking him out to much and should let him try and making his bladder last longer?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I havea quick question, I work night shift so I can come and go and let my puppy out. We put him down art 10:30, i came home at 1, 3 & 5 am. He did good until the time between 3 & 5, does anyone thinkI am taking him out to much and should let him try and making his bladder last longer?

night shift is a tuff one, especially if your weekends return to day shift you didn't mention how old your pup is. at 3 months he can go for 3-4 hours, at 4 months 4-5 hours at 5 months 5-6 hours I hope everything works out for your pup and the night shift. keep us posted

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
if he is a pup i would think he would need to go out alot but as sherry said it would depend on how old the pup is. the older they are the longer they can wait.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sounds like you have good times for a very young pup, you can slowly start stretching it out into longer intervals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I think you are doing great it jut takes time to get their bladder under control! Good luck!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.