General Question lucy weird jaw chatter

Luci Jo's mama

Jan 1, 2013
fleetwood pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Luci Jo
Lucy is almost 16 weeks and she does this weird thing after she cleans her girl part...she will drool and her jaw will chatter....weird?? normal?? i rememeber my male dog doing that after he smelled a female in heat but shes just a baby and shes doing it after smelling herself!! lol

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Lol can't help ya my girl can't reach her girly parts :p hopefully someone will have some info for ya :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
wow a bulldog that can clean her own girl parts ... I'm of no help either, neither of my babies can reach their own parts so to speak.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
It's normal for the jaw to chatter when the smell something like that, it's not normal that a bully can reach or clean her own parts. :blink:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
She must be very limber!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

PippaBD

Jan 9, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa
Mine has not done this with her lady parts, but if she has an itch and "scratches" with her teeth, they chatter. All of my previous dogs have done that as well. It's like a rapid small bite movement. Probably nothing to worry about. Although, speaking of lady parts, my lab got a yeast infection once, and we had to hold her down and put cream up in there from the vet, so pray it is not that. That was not fun.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I have to say that I have never experienced the teeth chattering ... but like the others have said none of my girls have been able to reach their girly parts!!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Lola can reach her girl parts and cleans it regularly! She kept herself pretty clean while in heat. I however don't know about the chatter!

Bullies Mom

Aug 27, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Milo and Toby
Our Toby has been doing the "teeth chatter" thing since he was a puppy, and he is 5 years old now. He does it at various times, at times- for no special reason that we can figure out. Unfortunately he has issues with loud noises, such as the coffee grinder, the gardener using the leaf blower, sometimes even a blow dryer, and he seems to go into a zone and he runs over to the source of the noise or over to his brother Milo and both dogs bark and nip at each other. After this ritual, Toby will then have the "teeth chatter" thing.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Our Toby has been doing the "teeth chatter" thing since he was a puppy, and he is 5 years old now. He does it at various times, at times- for no special reason that we can figure out. Unfortunately he has issues with loud noises, such as the coffee grinder, the gardener using the leaf blower, sometimes even a blow dryer, and he seems to go into a zone and he runs over to the source of the noise or over to his brother Milo and both dogs bark and nip at each other. After this ritual, Toby will then have the "teeth chatter" thing.

Maybe it's a way for Toby to process anxiety?

Bo has been doing that "fly snapping" thing - three days in a row. I know I've seen posts about it but damned if I can find them. I thought this is maybe an outcome of some anxiety for Bo but he's done this AFTER a long walk and AFTER dinner -- in that order.

Boy they sure keep us guessing eh?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online