General Question was your bully puppy hyper or laid back??

Luci Jo's mama

Jan 1, 2013
fleetwood pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Luci Jo
just curious to all bully owners...during the young puppy stage, was your bully the crazy hyper nippy type? or the calm cuddly easy going puppy? i been hearing alot about the crazy nippy chewing on people type...wondering if anyone had a calm cuddly type of puppy that already kind of knew not to bite on people ...i have had both types:D

Last edited:

kcone

Dec 25, 2012
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Brock
Definitely hyper! Sometimes I think Brock is the spawn of satan because he can be so ornery.

hughesjo

Jun 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Nelson
Hyper!!! Last night as he was being ignored he raided the toilet rolls and proceeded to destroy them through the house and in the garden. This morning before work he decided to have his mad half hour and was charging like a crazy thing round the room and jumping onto the sofa and back round continuosly. I was upstairs and heard this comotion going on, came down expecting to see the dog and my son having a tussle but no it was just the dog doing his thing, with the wild look in his eye :eek:

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Mine both were nippy but they weren't hyper, does that make any sense?:weird: They would get little spurts here and there of energy but mostly really chill.

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Bogey is both! When he is sleepy he is so cuddly! After he gets some rest, hie becomes our furry "Jaws"- we have been known to sit on our couches with our feet curled up under us for fear of amputation while our little ball of energy circles us, waiting for a fresh bite!! He goes into puppy psycho mode - ears go back and he just starts running in circles! But, he is responding to commands and we can get him distracted, even if its only for a minute or two. We use the crate as time out and that really works- again, sometimes only for a minute until the next round!! I think they just need to let it out! I am seeing signs of a very laid back dog, so I am hopeful once this biting stage is over!

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
Both! his first few weeks with us (2 - 3 months) he was sleepy almost all the time, he was so adorable and cuddly. After that he became a little monkey: jumping on everything, nipping, carrying everything he could find back to his crate etc... ohh not to forget the crazy energy spurts, specially at night, but that just meant he was ready to go to bed. :) :) Bullies are something else!

Hstead

Nov 14, 2012
Ironton OH
Bulldog(s) Names
Spielman (RIP) Bolt
Spielman is mostly laid back. He does get a little amped up when my 11 year old plays with him, but I can tell he is going to be one lazy rearend in a year or two. He does like to run like hell and chase my son up and down the stairs which I love because within fifteen minutes he is huffing and puffing and laying on the cold kitchen tile floor. So for us, mostly laid back with an occasional puppy burst of energy.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks was and still is very rambunctious and dominate... In her mind -- it is her world and she just lets us pay the mortgage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Amber has been high speed since the day we brought her home. She doesn't bite ankles anymore except for my grandson, I don't think she will ever give him a break. He likes it and so does she so it is now just their game.

ScottFree00

Dec 13, 2012
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Hyper so far. Can totally relate to the comment about sitting on the couch and keeping your feet up. My poor kids can't resist playing with Lucy and end up nipped on quite a bit.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
If Angus doesn't get enough exercise he gets really hyper. We play run-up the stairs (I would throw his toy up the stairs and he'd go fetch) for about 30-45 minutes in the morning and he's laid back the rest of the day until the kids come home from school. So then we go for a 2-mile walk and then play for about an hour of intense soccer and then he's laid back and easy going the rest of the day. He loooooves his soccer and he would be soooo wiped out he'd flop right infront of the water bowl and be too tired to drink!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.