Good morning

Bustersmommy6941

Jan 4, 2013
Riverside California
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster
Well this morning is pretty cold and I have taken Buster out for potty time and we came in and once again he attacks me lol, Buster is 4 months old and has a crush on my leg...... All he wants to do is hump my leg and I don't know what to do. It's natural for him to do this but I think hubby is getting jealous lol. Anyone else have this issue and what do you do? Thanks

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Its a dominance thing i think, plus a little bit of normal male dog behaviour. My Dozer did that when he was a puppy at the same age. He is now 10 months old. We spayed him when he was 7 months old, and he really calmed down a lot, he is not as hyper, and the humping has stopped. I would stop him from doing it when he did, and tell him no, but it is a temporary phase.

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Ellie does this as well. I've gotten to where I take an empty coke can with about 3 or 4 pennies in it when I take her to potty. If she starts this behavior, I shake the can and she stops.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Should dissipate once Buster gets neutered (tho i understand can still occur even after the neutering but to a lesser extent). Til then a firm "NO", and a redirect should help but it needs be consistently done.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I moved this to training and behavior section so that perhaps others who have more experience can respond too.

We have a girl who humps. She mostly does it to me when we have been playing a lot and she is really excited. She does stop as soon as I tell her no, but doesn't stop her from getting excited again the next time we play.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yes to all the above. You want to try to correct that behavior. Don't want him thinking he's the Top Dog! Just a firm no..push him away. Be as firm and consistent as you can. And when he gets neutered..that should help!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yap, he needs to learn this Is not accepted, so say NO and push him down or you can grab the side of his neck, hold and make him get down. He needs to learn you are top dog and not him.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Also - all that "fun" of romping around in the yard is pretty intoxicating for a young pup. I hope you are also observing my favorite "fulfillment formula" of First Exercise, then Discipline and then Affection. If a pup is all full of energy, he's going to look for ways to dissipate that energy -- with or without your help. Constructive play -- the daily walk, discipline (and other games that exercise his mind) will mean a more pooped pup. A good dog is a tired dog. :2thumbs:

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I don't know anything about this because Lola hasn't humped anything yet. But just wanted to say I hope he stops soon!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.