Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi my fellow night owl lol. I never knew female dogs humped legs, I thought this was a male thing. Maybe someone else has had some experience with this.

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Yes, females will hump legs, other dogs, cats... you get the picture. Redirect and make sure you're being alpha in all things, then she'll leave you alone and just bother the cats.

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
[MENTION=7596]lucybaby[/MENTION] Cleo humps and while she is submissive to us humans, the little witch isn't meaning it that way to other dogs mostly brother. She's like night and day, she won't even let Mac play with a toy if she doesn't feel he should!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bo has humped as a means of dealing with being over-excited. As his pack leader, it's my job to not put him in a situation that will foster behavior I don't want to see. With time, these behaviors turn into a "habit" and habits are far harder to break.

What prefaces this humping activity typically?

What signs can you look for BEFORE she actually starts acting out so you can "nip it in the bud"?

OP
Luci Jo's mama

Luci Jo's mama

Jan 1, 2013
fleetwood pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Luci Jo
it happens when new people come over and show her love, she kisses them and tails wagging like crazy and then starts to hump..she just gets so excited and probably smells their dogs also

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online