General Question Behavior question

Trixie

Nov 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Bixby
My fiancé and I have been fighting a lot lately and ever since we started fighting, Bixby has been acting up. Is it because he feels the tension and feels the anger that he's acting this way? Or am I just reading too much into it. He hasn't been listening to us and he always goes into his crate and won't come out.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I would say he is picking up on it and you guys should stop. He is feeling the anxiety from it.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I agree .. these Bullies are sensitive little creatures and he is obviously picking up on the unhappiness and tension in your home. :nope:

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Animals are just like kids they will pick up on whatever mood you are in. I hope things get better for you! Please keep us updated!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yes..they feel everything. He is probably afraid of the fighting and goes to his safe place. :( I'm sorry you are having such a rough patch. Give Bixby lots of love and try your best to be calm around him.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with all the above advice. All animals, not just Bullies are sensitive to our moods and feelings, just like children. He's probably just feeling your tension, and scared of the yelling. I am sorry for your troubles, and hope things work out for you guys. Sending love and prayers your way.

OP
Trixie

Trixie

Nov 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Bixby
So the fighting has subsided and sure enough, Bixby is back to his obedient and loving self. He's also gotten be a little more playful. Thanks everyone... <3

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Like everyone has said they pick up on everything and a pup is easily frightened by loud noise and voices. So I suggest keeping Bixby and kicking the BF out. :2thumbs: just kidding. :p

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Like everyone has said they pick up on everything and a pup is easily frightened by loud noise and voices. So I suggest keeping Bixby and kicking the BF out. :2thumbs: just kidding. :p
I agree, especially if the fighting starts up again! A good Bulldog is so much better to live with than a bad BF!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So the fighting has subsided and sure enough, Bixby is back to his obedient and loving self. He's also gotten be a little more playful. Thanks everyone... <3
Glad to hear things are back to normal... as others said, our canine babies pick up on EVERYTHING and react to the instability. Hope all stays loving and obedient :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.