Other Proud of Spielman

Hstead

Nov 14, 2012
Ironton OH
Bulldog(s) Names
Spielman (RIP) Bolt
Spielman turned 11 weeks old today and for the past four days he has learned to go to the door and stand when he needs to potty. Only #2 for now, but every single time he wants to go, he goes to the door and stands. Once I open the door he runs to his favorite spot in the yard, and when he is done he flies back to the front door, into the house, straight to the kitchen and waits for his treat. He has also learned to sit on command for the treat.

Now if we can only get him to do the same for #1 we will be all set. We take him out frequently so he doesn't have many accidents but he will still go #1 in his crate on his blanket and he will go #1 in the house if we don't watch him closely. But for #2, it is straight to the door.

These bulldogs are smarter than I had heard they were.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Great job Spielman :2thumbs: he's such a smart little guy, and doing well on the training.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: I know I can't believe how smart Franklin is he solves problems all the time when he wants his toy an it's in the crate he will close one door open the crate door go in get his toy come out an close the crate an nobody has ever taught him that an a couple of other things I just love how smart dogs are some smarter then people

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Good Job Spielman! Is there some pictures that go with this post? *cough* You got an 11 week old baby and NO PICTURES in this THREAD? What the hell is wrong with you? :p

OP
Hstead

Hstead

Nov 14, 2012
Ironton OH
Bulldog(s) Names
Spielman (RIP) Bolt
My bad, I added a few pictures in the Photos forum. One is pretty funny of him terrorizing the which he got swatted in the face for lol.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh thats so great. it takes time but im sure he will get it . :2thumbs:

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Yah! Good job Spielman!

We had the same issue and had to take the blanket away for a short time. They must learn to hold it which is one of the things that crate training does, since they usually do not want to soil their sleeping area. Not wanting to soil their sleeping area encourages bladder (muscle) control. If he is peeing at-will on his blanket, then potty trainer could take longer. I also suggest that you add a little bleach when washing the blanket to remove any scent of urine or he may continue to wet on it. I also made sure to clean the crate & hard floor surfaces after accidents with a little bleach water to rid the scent and discourage repeat performances.

He's doing great and will be completely housebroken before you know it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.