General Question Pleased to welcome a new bully to our home...But..

mkallen10

Dec 17, 2012
Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha "Mo" and Millie
We have a new bully in the Allen house. Question to those of you with multiple bullies...Mo is bound and determine the new pup is supposed to walk under her. Im thinking its her way of mothering her but I dont want to hurt her. Any suggestions?? Also any suggestions for names are welcome too!

Attachments

• img_9559-1.jpg
    img_9559-1.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 187

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sounds like a declaration of alpha to me.... Maybe try coins in a can or something to let her know its not acceptable play behavior? While telling her what is not good make sure you praise her when she is playing the right way :up:

OP
mkallen10

mkallen10

Dec 17, 2012
Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha "Mo" and Millie
I was wondering that too...I saw another post on posturing and was wondering if that was it.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Is she standing tall and proud? If so, yes. Btw, your new girl is too sweet and smooshy for words!! Is she all white? If so I vote for Snow!!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
She is beautiful. So sweet
Here are some white themed names:

Casper, Blanca, Diamond, Angel, Biscuit, Cupcake, Isa (ee-sa) ice in Norwegian, Tegan ( fair), Snowball, Asha, Daisy, Charlotte, Avalanche ( Avi), Bronwyn ( fair haired), Shiro ( means white in Japanese), Yuki ( snow in Japanese), Shadow, Mochi ( rice in Japanese), Tsuki ( moon in Japanese), Chardonnay (Char), Cloud, Nevada ( white snow)
Petunia ( flower with white blossoms), Sugar, Sparkle, Crystal, Luna, Snowflake, Marshmallow, Nuara ( white haired), Pearl, Cloud, or Noelle for Christmas.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Is she standing tall and proud? If so, yes. Btw, your new girl is too sweet and smooshy for words!! Is she all white? If so I vote for Snow!!!

I was thinking the same name and I see [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] has lots of Snow variations of names.

Snow & Mo sounds great together!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Welcome to EBN...your bullies are so adorable...great looking family!

I vote for Snow for your new baby.

L

Lucy-licious

She is super cute, congratulations.

Snowflake and Sugar are super names for a white baby xx

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sounds like a declaration of alpha to me.... Maybe try coins in a can or something to let her know its not acceptable play behavior? While telling her what is not good make sure you praise her when she is playing the right way :up:

^^^ agreed. You can also use water in a spray bottle with a firm 'NO', and be sure to get the facial area.... most dogs pick up on this pretty quick.

She is precious.... since you have a Mocha --- how about Cocoa.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
JeannieCO got me hooked on a show called "Once Upon A Time" and of course Snow White is a main character, and saying Snow out loud sounds so feminine :heart:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

OP
mkallen10

mkallen10

Dec 17, 2012
Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha "Mo" and Millie
Mo tries to eat the water when its squirted in her face lol. I'll try the coins in a can...hopefully that will work

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Mo tries to eat the water when its squirted in her face lol. I'll try the coins in a can...hopefully that will work

first, you new baby is Adore-A-Bull, and since you asked for name suggestions ...I like Frostie with the IE because she is a girl :) and I liked the suggestions above of Daisy, Petunia (could call her Tuni (2knee) for short and Snowflake (snow for short)

now for the other part, I would suggest using a body block with Mo when she stands over the baby I would instantly walk up to Mo say ATAT and move her away from the baby by walking my legs into her body and physically helping her to move away so she understands that you don't agree with that behavior, once she stays away from standing over the baby say good girl ... will take a lot on your part in the beginning so she understands what you want from her, but will give her a clear message. then also the verbal ATAT or what ever correction sound you use will be enough and she will remember oh yeah not suppose to do that and should move on her own just from the correction sound. will take a lot of patience and consistency but it will work :)

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online