Thread: Wetting the bed

Bulldog(s) Names
    none yet
    Likes (Received)

Default Wetting the bed

Thankfully, my new girl bulldog Bailey (7 months old) is wetting her bed, not mine however it seems to be incredibly deliberate. Granted she's only been with me for two weeks but it's a noticeable trend. I have two fleece bads for her and then one larger dog bed. She has peed on all three. She has had a couple of small accidents in the house but it's primarily only on her bed. I've taken her out minutes earlier, had her pee outside and then put her newly cleaned bed down for her only to force out as much pee as she had left onto it within minutes. She generally pees on her bed over night as well but if she sleeps in the bed with me she will hold it. Any tips? I didn't think female dogs marked their territory but then again I'm new to all of this.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Wetting the bed

I don't think females mark, but I could be wrong. Maybe someone will come along and offer more advice. I remember reading on here though, I just can't remember who posted it, regarding their dogs peeing on their bedding. I think it's a fairly common thing bulldogs do. I don't have any experience with this , as my 2 can't have any blankets, towels or beds in their crate, as they eat everything.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

Sorry I can't help - thankfully haven't had that problem but wanted to say Welcome!
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

Lola does that to bed she doesnt care for and its just finding the right bed. I have heard of females doing this so there must be something to it!

Dog Groomer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
    Likes (Received)

Yeah, my femaes do it but not the males.

Bulldog(s) Names
    none yet
    Likes (Received)

Hmm, yeah I'm having a very tough time finding anything about this issue. It's possible it's temporary but I feel like I should be pro-active about correcting her.

Remove Ads