Help Needed! Wetting the bed

jj989966

Dec 5, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Thankfully, my new girl bulldog Bailey (7 months old) is wetting her bed, not mine however it seems to be incredibly deliberate. Granted she's only been with me for two weeks but it's a noticeable trend. I have two fleece bads for her and then one larger dog bed. She has peed on all three. She has had a couple of small accidents in the house but it's primarily only on her bed. I've taken her out minutes earlier, had her pee outside and then put her newly cleaned bed down for her only to force out as much pee as she had left onto it within minutes. She generally pees on her bed over night as well but if she sleeps in the bed with me she will hold it. Any tips? I didn't think female dogs marked their territory but then again I'm new to all of this.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I don't think females mark, but I could be wrong. Maybe someone will come along and offer more advice. I remember reading on here though, I just can't remember who posted it, regarding their dogs peeing on their bedding. I think it's a fairly common thing bulldogs do. I don't have any experience with this , as my 2 can't have any blankets, towels or beds in their crate, as they eat everything.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Sorry I can't help - thankfully haven't had that problem but wanted to say Welcome!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Lola does that to bed she doesnt care for and its just finding the right bed. I have heard of females doing this so there must be something to it!

OP
J

jj989966

Dec 5, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Hmm, yeah I'm having a very tough time finding anything about this issue. It's possible it's temporary but I feel like I should be pro-active about correcting her.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online