Thread: Ouch!!! Biter

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gus
    Likes (Received)

Default Ouch!!! Biter

Well well mr. gus is a nibbler and i didnt know those wee little teeth would be so sharp! so far i keep redirecting him to snake (his favorite toy at the moment) or if he really wont stop i'll gently lay him on his back and put my hand on his check and tell him not to bite to be easy.. and he'll calm down, but hes started biting his crate, and he got his poor little mouth stuck! and just cried.. made me feel so bad... it only took a second to get him unstuck but im worried that may happen again when im not home my question is how do you get them not to nibble the crate?-100_2665-jpg And if that isnt attitude i dont know what is!

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Ouch!!! Biter

I would try to give him lots of different textures to chew on. Some hard rubber like a Kong toy and also a Nylabone, those are hard. Even a cloth toy and under supervision only . He's so cute and yes those shark teeth will wake up up
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member DesertBum's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Xena
    Likes (Received)

deer/elk antlers seem to work well too... Xena loves to lay there and chew on hers (when she isn't attacking her bedding)
    Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out the car window

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

Lola loves the stuffed bones! She will chew on them for hours!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

Lots of teething toys and Mr. Gus sure is handsome.
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

Arts'y bulldog farts'y Become a 4 Paw Member ModernFemme's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DesertBum View Post
    deer/elk antlers seem to work well too... Xena loves to lay there and chew on hers (when she isn't attacking her bedding)
    Remi likes the antler, but it seems too hard for me at the moment. He doesn't play with it for long.

Real Name
    Holly
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda (Tilly)
    Likes (Received)

When we went through this stage, I GENUINELY thought it would never get better! hahaha but it does! We had quite a little shark over here. No toes were safe for quite a while.

Around 4 months, it got much, much better, and now at 6 months, Matilda is all cuddles and long ago were we fearing for our feet.

The trick to getting over it is patience, raw marrow bones, and antlers. We had tried everything else - bitter apple spray (she likes it), spraying water (absolute LAST resort - didn't really have much of an effect), saying "no" (ha), ending play when she bites (most effective), and time out (effective, except for she knew when she bit too hard... so she would bite hard, and then run under the bed). The best thing you can do is just wait it out, and give her lots of distracting treats - especially frozen!

Good luck

Bulldog(s) Names
    Spielman
    Likes (Received)

My 12 week old Spielman bites EVERYTHING. I do not care what it is, bricks, metal end table legs, you name it. He doesn't bite me anymore because I use a technique I read on this site, I take my thumb and press on his tongue, kind of like you would hold a large mouth bass. I press his tongue on the bottom of his mouth and he hates it so he knows not to bite me anymore. My wife and kids do not seem to be able to use this method and he still will go into crazy phases and start biting them. He loves to chase pant legs. When he gets too wild we put him in his crate. He too has gotten his lower jaw stuck while chewing the crate but he is able to get unstuck after a little while himself. I can't wait til he grows out of the biting stage I know that.

Remove Ads