General Question New Bulldog ??

OP
ScottFree00

ScottFree00

Dec 13, 2012
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
This is her setup. I want her to have a little room while we are gone but i wonder if having too much space is why she has some accidents

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355756689458.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355756689458.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 45

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
First of all you are doing an amazing job! Only 8 weeks old and you have accomplished so much! Looking at the pen I would say that is why if she has to go she will-because she can get far enough away from her crate. But it is a bit of a trade off. If you are gone for a long time and she is in her crate she might have an accident. I kept Miss T in her crate with a divider so she only had enough room to turn around , and moved the divider as she grew. But I never left her for more than 2 hours and she always pottied outside before I put her in her crate. Puppies don't really understand the difference between inside and outside at such a young age I don't think. When she was about 12 weeks old I let her have what you have, a crate in a pen area. She had a few accidents but they were my fault- I left her a bit too long or she had diarrhea. Their little bodies can only hold it for so long when they are that young. But I could tell she wasn't happy about it and I would put her in another room after taking her outside and quietly clean up and not make it an issue. The great thing is as they get older and can hold more and they have a routine this doesn't happen. It has been 6 months since Miss T had an "accident' in the house. But I always accepted the responsibility if there was an accident and never scolded her or made it an issue. Bully puppies are just so adorable and potty training is a process. Make sure you use an enzyme cleaner on the potty area though or they will always go back to the same area to potty cause it smells just right.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.