Other Lola and other dogs

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I think she really needs to be around other dogs! She did well with my breeders male dog but not her female. I also think some of the problem is that she gets so excited and just spazes out! My breeder told me she was very high strung and she hadnt seen that before and that she was skinny. She didnt even get along with her sibling! I hope things get better Im a little set back now. They have professional santa pictures on the 22nd and I really want to take her but Im not sure if I should.

In a pack, dogs want balance. When one is freaking out, the others will try to "reprimand" the one who's making the big fuss. When Bea goes BERSERK over grandma using the food processor, Bo will "go at" Bea. He's not aggressive. He's not trying to hurt her. He kinda gets in her face and sorta barks at her and touches her face at the same time with his....it's hard to describe, but I know precisely what it is; him saying, "Stop freaking out sister! It's just the friggin Cuisinart!" She will do the same thing with him when there's certain stimulus that he reacts to....but it's usually the other way around. Bea's the reactive one.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
We are going to the socialization class today at 2 so we shall see how she does. I am also buying a thunder shirt to see if that works!

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Today didnt go very well dont want to get into it but we wont be going back and Im going to be real careful what dogs Lola is around!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Well in this class puppies get to run free with no leash and Lola did fine then a hyper dog came in and jumped all over her and she was ok with it for a while but got tired of it and attacked the other dog. It was in the training department of my vets office so I made an appointment as a walk in and had her looked at because her right upper legs was sore and she didnt want to put weight on it. They said nothing is broke but she was so upset she was shaking so they gave her something to calm down and told me to have a mellow night. I told that trainer that she needed to be on a leash and she said sometimes when dogs on on leashes they think they need to be protective so its better to take them off and it was not. She gets along better with big dogs and just runs all over the small ones but the bigger ones she will play with. The training lady told me that she thinks i missed the socialization part of her development and that she needs to go straight to the training classes so we will start that right after she gets fixed. She did have fun though with the others with no fighting tell about 15 minutes in and the other pup showed up then thats when the troubled started. So she will play with some that are not dominant but if anyone tries to be the queen bee other than her she doesnt like it. Im done with all this I dont want to put her through it anymore and I left pist because her and the other dog both fought but she was the one that had to be put on a leash while the other one got to run lose and kept coming by her while we were checking her leg out trying to start it and nothing was done and I would think they both needed to be on a leash after that tell we figured out what was going on. Sorry the long drama story but Im so frustrated! She is still good as gold to me and every other person she meets its just other dogs.

Members online

No members online now.