Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My eyes are bugging out of my head!!s Help!!!

Arts'y bulldog farts'y Become a 4 Paw Member ModernFemme's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: My eyes are bugging out of my head!!s Help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    With Miilas have done the stare down.mainly when she has crossed the line, like if causing a near bicker etc. in the case where I feel she needs reminded of her place I will pin and stare her in her eyes while pinned. Only have done this a could times when she has gone beyond the point and it seems to work in this instance. BUT she was challenging her role as alpha and that was a problem. I wish I was better at this stuff,I just know what worked when we had problems and our problems weren't this. Now with Cutty even when being cute and sweet when he was young nothing caught his attention until I started with a AUGHT type of sound.hard to write it in word tho. Is is the sound I still make when they are busted and they always respond but until this sounds was completely ignored.maybe a diff loud sound will help? Also I do think with Miila I knew the damage she could do,having been bitty her already.i wasn't afraid in the slightest and she knew that so she had no choice but to respond. Had Cutty challenged me back in the day I am not sure I would have had that confidence Nd things could have been much diff. Thankfully we never had that problem occur or who knows where we would be.
    I was thinking of going all Xena the Warrior Princess on Remi. Hahahahhahaha..... AIAIAIAIIAIAAEEEEEEEEE.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ModernFemme View Post
    I was thinking of going all Xena the Warrior Princess on Remi. Hahahahhahaha..... AIAIAIAIIAIAAEEEEEEEEE.
    Lmao,might be a bit much but maybe you should submit a video of you practicing for our entertainment purposes.

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Sharon
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Miss Tallulah and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Our little pups continue to challenge us to see what the rules are. Every thing you write I have been through with Miss Tallulah at some point. Some days I worried my fur baby would become a monster if i did the wrong things. She turns 1 on Friday and is mellowing right out, not that she was ever really bad or aggressive. I would always imagine the worst, that she would turn out mean or aggressive because I missed a cue or did something wrong in her training. When Miss T was 4 months old I enrolled her in Puppy Manners 1 and then Puppy Manners 2 when she passed PM1. I was taught to manage, distract and reward. A lot of the domination stuff doesn' t seem to work with Bullies because they were a fighting breed and will never give up, so rolls stares etc to show dominance often will not work as it does with other breeds. Cesar Millan actually just said that today about Bulies on DW. So if she growled I would turn my back or leave the room for a few minutes and she would be bewildered. If she was getting aggressive or mouthy/bitey I would put her in her pen to chill out and then let her out after she was relaxed. I would also walk by the pen if she was relaxed and give her a treat to rewards her for behaviour I wanted. My trainer encouraged me not stare her down or shout maybe because she is a Bully - again the fighting breed thing. By distracting and managing unwanted behaviour and rewarding good behaviour I was taught to shape the things you want and the distract/ manage allowed me time to regroup, let go of the frustration we all feel sometimes and restore my inner balance. If any of this I learned makes sense for you please know I am happy to be able to share what helped me get through the puppy tests. I know one thing for sure and that is your heart is in the right place and you love Remi and want to do what is right for him to be a loving gentle Bully.

Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tooleysmom View Post
    Our little pups continue to challenge us to see what the rules are. Every thing you write I have been through with Miss Tallulah at some point. Some days I worried my fur baby would become a monster if i did the wrong things. She turns 1 on Friday and is mellowing right out, not that she was ever really bad or aggressive. I would always imagine the worst, that she would turn out mean or aggressive because I missed a cue or did something wrong in her training. When Miss T was 4 months old I enrolled her in Puppy Manners 1 and then Puppy Manners 2 when she passed PM1. I was taught to manage, distract and reward. A lot of the domination stuff doesn' t seem to work with Bullies because they were a fighting breed and will never give up, so rolls stares etc to show dominance often will not work as it does with other breeds. Cesar Millan actually just said that today about Bulies on DW. So if she growled I would turn my back or leave the room for a few minutes and she would be bewildered. If she was getting aggressive or mouthy/bitey I would put her in her pen to chill out and then let her out after she was relaxed. I would also walk by the pen if she was relaxed and give her a treat to rewards her for behaviour I wanted. My trainer encouraged me not stare her down or shout maybe because she is a Bully - again the fighting breed thing. By distracting and managing unwanted behaviour and rewarding good behaviour I was taught to shape the things you want and the distract/ manage allowed me time to regroup, let go of the frustration we all feel sometimes and restore my inner balance. If any of this I learned makes sense for you please know I am happy to be able to share what helped me get through the puppy tests. I know one thing for sure and that is your heart is in the right place and you love Remi and want to do what is right for him to be a loving gentle Bully.
    Thanks so much for sharing your story. Being a perfectionist sucks, doesn't it?? We all just want to do the right thing and it makes us a little batty. All so we can say we're good bully moms

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Can you possibley tire his little butt out, a tired dog is a good dog. He sounds high energy puppy stage, just before the hormones set in.
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

I have no idea what to tell you because I have a real PITA on my hands so I just wanted to say good luck and let me know what works so I can try it!

Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    Can you possibley tire his little butt out, a tired dog is a good dog. He sounds high energy puppy stage, just before the hormones set in.
    We actually tried at one point to take him on 3 walks in one day, for about a week, 2 in the late afternoon/evening. Getting more and more tired seems to make him act even more crazyyyyy. Isn't that nuts??

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ModernFemme View Post
    We actually tried at one point to take him on 3 walks in one day, for about a week, 2 in the late afternoon/evening. Getting more and more tired seems to make him act even more crazyyyyy. Isn't that nuts??
    Well maybe not so nuts. My kids act much worse when they are worn out so that does make sense. Lol dang kids!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads