General Question 10+ hours straight

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Hi guys!! Does anyone else's bully sleep for like 10 hours straight? He would sleep more if we let him. It takes a few minutes after we open the crate to get him up and about. He was also like this as 12 weeks... we'd have to carry him down the stairs so he could urinate LOL! My only concern is that he will pee a loooong time in the morning. He'll pee twice and poop twice. I don't want him to get a kidney or UTI infection. Should I be making him get up sooner, or am I being a worry wart?

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I wish I could say Lola is like that but she's not you lucky woman!

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
All mine pretty much go to bed at Sunset and stay there until Sunrise most nights. they occationally get fiesty and go outside and bark at whatever during the night and I have to call them back in.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
10 hours straight does seem like a long time, but I guess some sleep more than others. Ours will sleep during the day, but they will get up during the day to see what we are doing, get a drink, or to play.

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
LuLu will sleep most of the day but not Sarge, hes up all day dictating my day, but he sleeps till I get up no matter what time I get up.

matzwd

Nov 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Aunt Clara
Clara sleeps like that. She goes to bed around 9:00 at night, and I usually have to pry her out of bed before I take my youngest skin kid to school at 8:30 so she can go potty, especially if I have other errands to run after dropping my son off.

Funny thing, too, is how out of it she is when she first wakes up. One morning she walked out if her crate all bleary eyed and walked straight into one of the other crates before figuring it what she was doing and following me to the door, lol. Anybody else experience this with their sleepy baby?

Sent via Tapatalk on my S3

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hmm: you do know you bought a bulldog, right??

hee hee hee ....... Sleep, like me, is their FAVORITE thing next to food :D

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:bang: I WISH!! Jake wakes up every day...EVERY day..at 4:45.. Goes pee and poo..then goes back to bed. During the week..that's when we get up, but COME ON...Saturday and Sunday too! :cry:

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
The ladies sleep until we get up, whatever time that is. Then they nap with or without their Dad at 3 pm or so. They wake up just before I get home at midnight and stay up an hour or sometimes 2 or 3. I feel badly for Liz because she has decided she is my dog and will follow me around on my days off from work. No nap for her! Sometimes Amy will skip a little bit of napping to follow me, but she usually winds up dropping to the floor a few times to get some zzzzz. Amy can also be a little fuzzy in the morning. She hasn't walked into anything, but she'll just stand there trying to get her head together.

mc68mc

Sep 11, 2012
Columbia Mo area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
April aka Big Smoochie or Smoocha - Libre'
April can sleep for hours at a time - but can hear a oatmeal pie wrapper krinkle from two rooms over then she goes into overdrive and burns rubber ,leaps tall buildings, crashes thru doors ,climbs the couch like Spiderman just to set in front of you and shoot the sad im starving look while slobber runs freely from the lips and grummble when i get up and give her a dog treat instead . MAN THE STINK EYE HURTS ! then its right back to sleep in bedroom and snoreapalooza !

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.