RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I Just came across a book that could be usefull...
How to Housebrak your dog in seven days by Shirlee Kalstone
[h=1][/h]

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
As someone that lives in a condo... oh the joy of training them to ride the elevator. :)

We actually got one of those little play pen type attachments that made the crate larger. This kept the crate for sleeping, the pads for bath room. Eventually he learned to just go in that one spot (all the while we kept taking him outside as well and encouraging regular bathroom visits). Eventually the paper spot in the condo disappeared and he learned that the bathroom was outside only.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
As someone that lives in a condo... oh the joy of training them to ride the elevator. :)

We actually got one of those little play pen type attachments that made the crate larger. This kept the crate for sleeping, the pads for bath room. Eventually he learned to just go in that one spot (all the while we kept taking him outside as well and encouraging regular bathroom visits). Eventually the paper spot in the condo disappeared and he learned that the bathroom was outside only.

Patience and time, right?! :2thumbs:

I'm always amazed by the multitude of housebreaking posts. (I don't like that term) If you Google it, it would seem that the nation is gripped -- no, the WORLD -- is gripped by Dog Pee Puddling in the house/casa/tent/abode. Incredible amount of time and money is spent on house training a dog. It is those first few weeks that are crucial -- I think -- and time spent really paying attention to a strict schedule pays off in a life time of hassle free dog bathroom-ing.

Bea has peed indoors exactly twice in her life --- after about 12 weeks old. The first time was at a brand-new girlfriend's house (that is TRULY the way to impress a date!) and the most recent incident was LAST WEEK! She pottied in the doorway to my bedroom. When I reviewed the past seven hours in my head, I saw that I had not taken her out since early morning. TOTALLY MY FAULT. A girl can only hold her cast iron bladder (Bea's special gift) for so long right? hahahahahaha Poor Bea. I know she must have felt desperate to do that..... *sad face*

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.