Help Needed! 3 year old bulldog and new puppy problems

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We went to the local pet store to check out their puppy training class. We got to talk to the trainer for awhile and explained the problem we are having. The trainer had some extra time before her next class and asked us to bring them so she can see what's going on. She seemed to think that Petey is just overly excited and what he's doing is typical to what a father would do with his own puppy. She taught us a couple things to keep Petey from bum rushing him every time we set the puppy down. We ask Petey to "sit" and "stay" then attempt to set the puppy down. If Petey doesn't stay we pick the puppy up. His reward if he stayed was to sniff the puppy's behind. We repeated this until he finally learned and now they seem to be getting along a little better. Still have some work to do.

2rwnel2.jpg

Awesome picture..... great work on talking to the trainer -- keep us posted and the pictures coming. I also have a Frenchie... looks a lot like your little guy, his name is Chelios

Members online

No members online now.