Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Miss Tallulah will not potty except in our back yard. If I take her to work for 6 hours I will take her out every few hours and we will walk and walk on the grass in the neighbourhood but she will not potty. She knows the command "go potty" and in the yard will do a pee (or a poop if she needs to) right away after a quick sniff for the best spot. But outside, on walks, in the off-leash dog park, or at work nada. As soon as we get home she makes a mad dash for the back door and runs out and does what she needs to do. She will pee for a whole minute sometimes so I know she really needed to go! Miss T is 11 months. Is it a puppy thing? Does anyone have any knowledge about this and what I can do to make her more comfortable. i don't want her to hold it for so long. It has to be uncomfortable!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I've never heard of this , but maybe someone else here can help, or has similar experiences. Maybe she doesn't like the scent of other dogs, and prefers her own scent in her own backyard? I have one, my male Dozer who will pee and poop immediately when he goes outside, usually in our own yard. My female Blossom will pee right away, but takes forever to pop, she has to walk around , find her sniffy spot, and usually go for a little walk before she goes. She doesn't always go either after all that, she's such a girl lol

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I have heard of this before, but I don't know if its a puppy thing or not. It's certainly not unusual and I'd say that if she REALLY needed to go then she'd do it anywhere. I wouldn't worry about it too much!! :no:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
My Dena Dawg is this way. She takes forever to feel comfy enough to go anywhere. Just give her time and know, if she has to go she will. Some dogs won't go on walks ...only in their yards. People are funny too about going in different places. She will figure it out. :yes: Or not..

OP
Tooleysmom

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Glad to know it is not so unusual. She is a pretty shy puppy and maybe that has something to do with it. I agree that if it is really serious she will probably go, but can she ever hold it! I just want her to be comfortable. If anyone has any suggestions how i can support her doing potty other than the backyard I would be so appreciative. I have her in puppy socialization classes and even though she is 50 lbs she is in with the "shy and small group." Much more comfy with people but very gentle and shy with other dogs.

Hstead

Nov 14, 2012
Ironton OH
Bulldog(s) Names
Spielman (RIP) Bolt
i can't help but think about the movie American Pie and ShitBreak. He would only use #2 at his own house. I have a buddy exactly the same way. He was at the mall one time and had to go and his wife said it was hilarious. He waits until he gets home too. LOL. I think I would have a nickname for Tooley. LOL I am sure she is like my buddy and if she HAS to go, she will.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.