General Question When will I know? ( if he's potty trained)

hero4u

Jul 11, 2012
Palm Beach county Fl. ( Delray Beach)
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Hello I have a 7 month old male ebd who since I got him have been taking him outside to go potty. I probably take him out 8 times a day. I'm guessing.. Each hour and a half of his awake time. we go out. Instinctively. he goes outdoors.. He hasn't had an accident inside now for a very long time and I am wondering if he is potty trained or not and or when he will or how he will let me know he has to go outdoors? Should I wait now until he tells me and or correct him with a NO or just keeping taking him out?.. I have been taking him outdoors so much because it was stressed by many articals I read about training and I don't really give him a chance to tell me in his way. he has to go out. Thanks Hero

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
We have 2 eight month old EB puppies, a brother and sister. Their names are Bulldozer and Blossom. We did the every hour or two schedule for the first month we had them, they were 10 weeks old when we got them. We gradually stretched it out by increasing it by an hour every week or two, so they would learn to hold. Their 1st walk was 6 am , eat at 8 am, crated for 10 mins to let their tummy settle, then out again, they went out every one or two hours, during the day, ate again at 2 pm and at 8 pm, I take their water away around 8 or 9 pm, and they went for their last walk at 11 or 11:30 pm. For the first few months, I also set my cell phone alarm for 2 am, just for a pee, but was able to stop that at 5 months old. They were totally trained at 5 months old, and by then could hold 4 or 5 hours at a time. Their schedule now since they were 5 or 6 months old is first walk in the morning at 6 am, to relieve after the night, eat at 7 am, we still take them out about 15 to 20 minutes after they eat, the rest of the day, is out about every 4 or 5 hours, so around 12 noon, 5 pm, eat again at 7 pm, and we go for a walk around the block usually after dinner, and their last walk at 11 or 11:30 pm.

OP
H

hero4u

Jul 11, 2012
Palm Beach county Fl. ( Delray Beach)
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Hmm. Maybe I should stretch out his times then. I guess I am just so used to doing it and ofcourse do not want him to go indoors. I am wanting him to signal me either by barking or going to the front door. Thanks

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Bacon is going to be a year old soon and he will do downstairs and sit by the door if he needs to go out. If we don't notice him or if the gate is up blocking him from going downstairs her will give us a good bark to let us know that he needs to do his business. If we are home for the entire day he goes out 3-4 times throughout the entire course of the day.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yup..we did the same thing..trained US...:ROFL: I would stretch out the times and just watch for little signals. Jake will go sit by the door but when he was younger, he would just look at me..it's subtle for sure!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.