General Question Why does she do that?!

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Izzy is now a little over 4 months old and she picked up on a new habit... to kick the grass after she does #2 but 9 out 10 times she seems to try to aim but she always kicks her own **** :( which means I have to wash her paws every time she does #2 :(

Yesterday she ended up having an accident on our apartment hallway (she went outside on the grass but needed to go again when we started walking back to the apartment) and literally she kicked her **** and it flew right into the hallway wall...

Should I stop her from doing it? I know is normal behaviour for dogs so I didnt want to tell her "No!" but seriously? Can't she aim a little to the side to kick the grass and not the poop?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well some have better aim than others. It's just a bully thing. I think they all pretty much do it, even my 16 week old pups are doing it. Most of ours will miss the poop, but BeBe, LOOK OUT, don't stand behind her, she may just get ya. :eek:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Well some have better aim than others. It's just a bully thing. I think they all pretty much do it, even my 16 week old pups are doing it. Most of ours will miss the poop, but BeBe, LOOK OUT, don't stand behind her, she may just get ya. :eek:

I have been hit before! It wasn't a good solid one either! Back in our pre Fromm days! Lol. It wasn't pretty....

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

BarkingStella

Oct 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Peggy ,Stella ,Gabby
You made my day! The visual image of the poo kicking made me laugh!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Finn does that all the time too! Lately, he has been hitting the poo w/his back paw as well :(
I think it comes from their wolf ancestry so all dogs have that tendency. I think it's rather cute (well, except for getting it on their paws).

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
LOL..... :poo: kickers!!! It is just a way for them to spread their scent

Sep 3, 2012
Lawrence, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Dent
Roxy does that, too. I don't know what it is with bullies, but my last bully Hoss (RIP) did the same thing!! I think they're playfully malicious about it... you know if they had evil mustaches to twirl they'd be cackling away. :p

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Two summers ago, we were on vacation, going to a fancy lakeside cabin with two dogs, grandma, my daughter and my future son in law. Bo was six months old at the time. We got to the cabin -- finally (we got lost) -- and I immediately took them to the yard for the bathroom break I knew they needed by this time. Bea, as usual, took ten minutes to find the perfect spot to pee which just happened to be INCHES away from where Bo was taking a GIANT soft serve style poo. After an especially exhuberant Kickity Kick, Bea's little face is splattered with sqwooshy doodie. Thank God I pack "Huggies One and Done" baby wipes in the truck ALWAYS.

Bo has gotten better with his poo kicking. He's figured out that he needs to walk away from it before doing Rockette Style Kicks across the lawn and believe this; he is downright flamboyant in his kick style. (If he starts singing show tunes, I'll be the proud mom of a gay bulldog son! I'm queer. I can say that.)

Something NEW, however, has popped up on our Potty Horizon here. Bo INSISTS on peeing ON TOP of wherever Bea has peed. I mean he cannot STAND IT unless he gets over there to squirt SOMETHING on that spot --- even if it's pretend pee because he's empty as a soup can. A few days ago, I was fiddling around with the potty bags and not paying attention (I don't allow him to do this; its a leadership thing) and - no kidding - BO ACTUALLY PEED **ON** BEA WHILE SHE WAS PEEING! Poor Bea!

Bea's little (big) brother is a brute and an uncivilized cad --- but she loves him anyway.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
oh my goodness that cracked me up [MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] ... Diesel & Molly do the pee marking all the time, I've never thought of it as a dominate stance on their part because they don't challenge me and my word is law ... I just figured the more they chase and cover pee with pee at night means I get to sleep in the next morning for at least 20 minutes!!! <<< yes reading that I realize how lazy I sound

LoveMyBully82

Aug 30, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
One time when we were at the dog park Jackson peed in a muddy area and then decided to do the kick back thing. He ended up kicking mud all over a lady that was standing nearby. She was so nice about it, but I was mortified!

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
All of my dogs have done that. Herman does it sometimes. what annoys me is when he does it, but just isnt paying attention to what he's doing because he's either watching someone walk by or focused on something else and he steps in it.

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
OMG the stories about Jackson and Bo &Bea were so funny!!! I guess the poop on the wall wasn't that bad.... Lol

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
One time when we were at the dog park Jackson peed in a muddy area and then decided to do the kick back thing. He ended up kicking mud all over a lady that was standing nearby. She was so nice about it, but I was mortified!

I say, "you go to the dog park, you takes your chances!" Anyone who shows up in a mink stole or an Armani gown at a dog park should be punched in the face anyway.

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
OMG, poor Bea!!

When I was a teenager, we had a Jack Russell named Trevor and my grandmother had a small Pomeranian named Elvis. We used to take Trevor over to play at her house because she had a huge yard and we didn't. One day we were outside and they were sniffing around, doing their business, and Trevor walks right up to Elvis and pees on him... on purpose!

Aubie kicks sometimes, but not all the time. She usually does it right before she runs the Poop 200 in the yard.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online