Help Needed! Why is she acting crazy!???

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Since yesterday when I came to pick up Izzy from the vet hospital where she had her surgery for the cherry eye she has been acting CRAZY!!!! She is usually pretty chill and sleeps most of the day.... but since yesterday she wants to jump on me, she is super hyper and won't relax. She even tried to jump out of the arm rest on the couch which is a little too high for her to even climb in there :(

I am working from home so I can keep an eye on her and she keeps biting my chair.... arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I think they gave her some redbull on her IV!!!!

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Where does she normally spend her days when you don't work from home? If it's a crate, maybe put her in there for awhile to get her to calm down. If she did have to overnight at the vet she may just be happy to be home

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
BINGO! You were both right... I just put her inside her crate and just felt asleep right away. I think the different routine and also spending the night at the vet clinic threw her off!

I was just concerned because she was a little too hyper and she tends to play like a honey badger, she doesn't give a crap, so she usually walks into walls and furniture! I just didnt want her to cause any damage to her eye.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Raven spent the night at the vets when we had her spayed as he was going to do the surgery really early. When I picked her up, after a bit of stink eye, she was so happy to see me. When we got home I couldn't keep her still, she had the zoomies, including running head first into the walls (yeah she is a nut job when she gets wound up). I was really shocked being as she should have been in pain from having major surgery. She was really amped up to be home.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Wow, do they crack me up. Those little rascals are just full of the unexpected.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Awwwwe she's probably feeling better from being so groggy and not being at home. Glad she went down for a nap!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
BINGO! You were both right... I just put her inside her crate and just felt asleep right away. I think the different routine and also spending the night at the vet clinic threw her off!

I was just concerned because she was a little too hyper and she tends to play like a honey badger, she doesn't give a crap, so she usually walks into walls and furniture! I just didnt want her to cause any damage to her eye.

HAHAHAHA great usage of a honey badger reference lol

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Glad to hear that she settled down!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Glad to hear all is well and she settled down.....

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
It could be that she's glad to be home, but I had blossoms cherry eye done last Friday, and she was hyper after too. Last month I had her spayed and did her other eye , and she was hyper again. I asked the vet, and was told that it is a combination of the anesthetic , and the pain meds, after surgery. It can make them hyper. Blossom was quiet in her crate as well. I kept her crated, or beside me on the ouch for the first few days, because vet didn't want her jumping, and playing rough, she said to keep her quiet , as you don't want the stitches inside the eye to pop.
How did she Izzy do with her surgery? Was it sewn in, or did they cut the eyelid out? Hope all is good, and she got a nice result .

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
How did she Izzy do with her surgery? Was it sewn in, or did they cut the eyelid out? Hope all is good, and she got a nice result .

Well... I guess it was combination of happiness and being drugged up.... because it was not just a normal happy! But you're right once I got her on her crate she calmed down and went to sleep.

I decided to go with the sewn in method and let's see how it works. The eye where she had the woerk done is a little droopy, almost like a hound dog eye looks like. The third eye lid is more visible and a little pink but nothing to worry about. I am putting an oinment that the vet gave 2x a day.... hopefully she will heal fast. I will keep her in this weekend and wont take her to a dog park so she can heal faster. We have our bully meetup next Sunday and she LUVVVVV those so I want her good and healthy so we can attend the event! Thanks for asking.

How long did it take for Blossom to heal?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Blossom was done last Friday, so it's been a week, she bounced back quickly, she wanted to run around the same night after her surgery, the first eye was different, because she was spayed at the same time, so she had an incision, and stitches, so had more meds and was more sleepy. This time she only had her eye done, so a lot less invasive, no incisions. She acted like everything was normal, and wanted to run around, but I kept her quiet , because you don't want her jumping or playing too rough, as it may pop, or disrupt the stitches. She was sent home with pain meds for 4 days, but only gave it to her for 3, she didn't need it, she has eye cream also, 3 times a day, and her eye also is a little droopy , and a little red. The vet said this is normal and so is swelling, although Blossom doesn't seem to have much swelling. All this is normal though and goes away and gets better with time. Blossoms' first eye is completely healed, and it doesn't droop any more. Izzy should be good to go to the park next week, but just double check with the vet first to make sure it's okay for her to be playing rough with other dogs , Blossom is still going on her walks, and paying, but I'm limiting and monitoring how rough her and her brother Dozer play still until I see the vet this Sunday. I want to make sure it's okay for her to play normal now.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.