Michelle
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Izzy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Why is she acting crazy!???

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    How did she Izzy do with her surgery? Was it sewn in, or did they cut the eyelid out? Hope all is good, and she got a nice result .
    Well... I guess it was combination of happiness and being drugged up.... because it was not just a normal happy! But you're right once I got her on her crate she calmed down and went to sleep.

I decided to go with the sewn in method and let's see how it works. The eye where she had the woerk done is a little droopy, almost like a hound dog eye looks like. The third eye lid is more visible and a little pink but nothing to worry about. I am putting an oinment that the vet gave 2x a day.... hopefully she will heal fast. I will keep her in this weekend and wont take her to a dog park so she can heal faster. We have our bully meetup next Sunday and she LUVVVVV those so I want her good and healthy so we can attend the event! Thanks for asking.

How long did it take for Blossom to heal?

My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Blossom was done last Friday, so it's been a week, she bounced back quickly, she wanted to run around the same night after her surgery, the first eye was different, because she was spayed at the same time, so she had an incision, and stitches, so had more meds and was more sleepy. This time she only had her eye done, so a lot less invasive, no incisions. She acted like everything was normal, and wanted to run around, but I kept her quiet , because you don't want her jumping or playing too rough, as it may pop, or disrupt the stitches. She was sent home with pain meds for 4 days, but only gave it to her for 3, she didn't need it, she has eye cream also, 3 times a day, and her eye also is a little droopy , and a little red. The vet said this is normal and so is swelling, although Blossom doesn't seem to have much swelling. All this is normal though and goes away and gets better with time. Blossoms' first eye is completely healed, and it doesn't droop any more. Izzy should be good to go to the park next week, but just double check with the vet first to make sure it's okay for her to be playing rough with other dogs , Blossom is still going on her walks, and paying, but I'm limiting and monitoring how rough her and her brother Dozer play still until I see the vet this Sunday. I want to make sure it's okay for her to play normal now.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    HAHAHAHA great usage of a honey badger reference lol
    Indeed. Thumbs up!

I say take her for a long walk with lotsa leadership (to engage mind and body)! A good pup is a TIRED pup!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads