Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: English Bulldog out of control?!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: English Bulldog out of control?!

I'm with @Vicaroo1000 here. First thing that came to my mind is get him checked by the vet for any medical problems that can cause this kind of behaviour.

Bulldog(s) Names
    philly
    Likes (Received)

No help here, but a question do all bullies go thru, this stage... Philly is turning 2 next year, need to prepare!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by angelIV View Post
    No help here, but a question do all bullies go thru, this stage... Philly is turning 2 next year, need to prepare!
    No, they don't. My Usko just turned two and has always behaved himself. He can be a stubborn little bugger sometimes, but he has never been bad.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

I think knowing how to handle them is key here. Cutty started getting aggressive with around 15 months old. (he is now 7 years almost so this was some time ago) We tried to work on him with the nilf program but it all seemed so out of reach sort of. I didnt have a resource like ebn at the time and thankfully I have learned SO much more since. We did get him neutered after having bloodwork and everything else come back clean. I have to say for us that corrected the problem 95% in itself. He still grumbles but is no way aggressive to us like he was trying to be. Now after dealing with Miila and her adjusting to the pack, I have learned a TON from everyone here. You have gotten GREAT advice! I say as far as the feedings, yes make him work for his food. Even more than that tho, hand feeding I feel makes a BIG difference. They need to know that YOU are in charge. Also if you have kids or your hubby etc, should all be taking part in this at different times as well. He should eat last if you have other pups and even after you eat. Then make him sit/stay for the food. Then have him do a trick before each handful of food and take your time. Make him eat the food out of your hand, not off the floor or anything else. This sounds so time consuming but really it isnt and it is a great time to work on commands as well. Take away toys etc and give them when you want and take them away when you want. I felt like I was basically messing with Miila just showing her I could. Sounds sad but it worked wonders. She had bitten both the other pups with blood, hubby and myself as well. I wasnt going to allow her to fall between the cracks which she so easily could have. You must be persistent even as exhausting as it gets. I truly believe you can work and get your boy back if you catch it early enough. Just like with kids, consistency is key.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads