"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Being Bad

Quote Originally Posted by EmmittPylate View Post
    Thx for all the advice y'all I will definitely have to start all over! Thankfully I crate him while I am at work because my house would be ruined. He has never listened to me he is very dominant. Thanks again y'all!
    Have you gone to a puppy class with Emmitt? Learning some basic leadership skills will go a LONG WAY in showing Emmitt who's the leader and who's not. If I dog doesn't recognize you as it's pack leader ---who will lead it? The dog will take over that job! Someone has to do it!!!!!

How is he on walks? How often to you walk? How do your walks go? Answering these questions -- and making the appropriate changes --- is an excellent place to start my friend!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Emmitt
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    Have you gone to a puppy class with Emmitt? Learning some basic leadership skills will go a LONG WAY in showing Emmitt who's the leader and who's not. If I dog doesn't recognize you as it's pack leader ---who will lead it? The dog will take over that job! Someone has to do it!!!!!

How is he on walks? How often to you walk? How do your walks go? Answering these questions -- and making the appropriate changes --- is an excellent place to start my friend!
    No I haven't we are actually looking into it. And I walk him to the car we haven't been on a actual walk with him yet due to where we live but we are moving on the 16 th and I plan on walking him 3 or 4 days a wk. He has a harness so he does ok on the walk to the car lol. And yea when I give him treats he does almost bite my hand off.. I read to put peanut butter on my fingers and let him lick it off and if I feel his teeth yell ouch.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gracie and Oliver
    Likes (Received)

walking is very important, and you should do it in your house if you cant do it outside. Just put on a leash, put in position slighly behind you and ensure he walks along side you. Walking with your dog (you slightly ahead) is very communicative to your dog, as to who is in charge; as well as who goes first thru doorways, or up and down stairs. He should be looking to follow you.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie May
    Likes (Received)

Having 3 dogs is a challange, it also allows me to teach them the best way they learn. Maggie my recent 8 month old bull rescue is the biggest challenge. Okay, she actually makes me question my sanity at times..but, because my other terriers are so well trained I use "the pack" training with Maggie. She started going potty on the bed after a couple weeks of being here in her forever home. Forcing her off the bed while the others looked at her with disbeliefe, has so far cured her of this naughty behavior. This also worked to stop her desire to plow,ram,jump and bite us while we were bedding down for sleep. Hope I added some hope to your situation!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads