URGENT!!! Change Jar totally shattered on Remi

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
For those of you using change jars, please be careful with them. I have been using mine for only a few days, with great results. UP UNTIL NOW. I only had like 8 pieces of change in the jar, and somehow, the glass totally shattered on one side, all over my bully!!!!!!!!!!!!! Completely unexpected. I've used this forever with my cats, and this has never happened.

Some tips for newbies like myself:

Make sure your glass isn't too old
Shake glass up and down and not side to side
Don't hold it over your bully
Highly consider using a can with a glued lid, like the video [MENTION=1539]sheila[/MENTION] posted: http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/training-behavioral/20588-i-absolutely-hate-remi-night.html

:blink:

Last edited:

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: oh man sorry to hear that I hope he's ok I hope he didn't get it in his eyes

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
A good substitute is an empty soda can,,,,, tape it shut after inserting the coins. ;)

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
also a plastic bottle with change. Give him a kiss from me.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
hope he is ok, that must have been scary for you both ... I agree with using sound aversion but I found (at least for my dogs) a simple hand clap ... I clap loud twice and say "atat" and it breaks up whatever the situation may be and even works when they are outside and around the corner of the house, they may not see me but if they hear me do the loud clap clap and hear the atat they will stop what they are doing.

p.s. doing the loud clap/atat has never made them fear regular clapping because with regular happy clapping people are excited and they are always interested in whats making everyone so happy

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Our puppy trainer used a metal can, like a decorative holiday can with a fitted lid, but then also taped the lid so it didn't pop off. It worked well and had a very good "attention getting" sound. I couldn't use glass, I'm too clumsy and would break it for sure :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
A soda can is what we used before and works pretty well.

OP
ModernFemme

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Thanks for everyone's concern, Remi is totally okay, I got him outta there fast and crated him while I removed all traces of glass from the area (and his coat!)

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Ayeeee.... DEFINATELY Metal - no glass .. glad he is ok

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
So glad he's ok. :whew:

I'm afraid that eventually I would think a glass jar would shatter from being shook with coins in it. I use only al metal can and then duck tape it shut.

OP
ModernFemme

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
So glad he's ok. :whew:

I'm afraid that eventually I would think a glass jar would shatter from being shook with coins in it. I use only al metal can and then duck tape it shut.

I have literally used that jar for like 5 years; it's so uncanny that it randomly broke out of nowhere, but it makes total sense!!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
WOW.... so glad no one was hurt

Most Reactions