Help Needed! Stella is starting a BAD habit

BarkingStella

Oct 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Peggy ,Stella ,Gabby
With 3 bulldogs, and a house that we are renovating, we decided to make the kitchen a dog free zone. We keep our bedroom door shut during the day. Stella has started HURLING herself at the bedroom door, and scratching on it if we are in the kitchen ( we have a hall from bedroom to bathroom to kitchen). She can see us through the baby gate when we are in the kitchen, it does not look like a separation anxiety thing to me at all. She just wants what she wants when she wants it. The door is getting scratched... Any suggestions?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Which door is she scratching ... the closed bedroom one, or the one that leads into the kitchen. If it's the kitchen one then I would say leave it open and just use the baby gate.

OP
BarkingStella

BarkingStella

Oct 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Peggy ,Stella ,Gabby
It's the bedroom door she is obsessed with.

OP
BarkingStella

BarkingStella

Oct 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Peggy ,Stella ,Gabby
I guess I could try a baby gate on the bedroom door... She could at least see through it.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Baby gate sounds like a good idea, at least she can see you.

OP
BarkingStella

BarkingStella

Oct 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Peggy ,Stella ,Gabby
Thanks! Didn't even think of it till I posted! Guess it was the rousing game of "chase the vacuum" that fried my brain!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
When Vegas was a pup I used a baby gate because I too wanted a "dog free kitchen" I was constantly tripping over him while I was cooking. They work great. $10 bucks at Wal-mart. Now that he is over 3 yrs old I can simply say "GO" and he will leave the kitchen.

A

Alaskasmom1

Hmmmmm... Baby gates at Christmas time when guests are over sounds even better than crates. Gonna get to WalMart

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
The area between my dining room and living room is wider and I can't do a baby gate there because of hte railing. So what I did his buy a sheet of plastic lattice from Home Depot and cut it lenght wise so it wasn't so take. I just took this and it's keeping all three of my guys out of the living room so I can hand out candy in peace. And you can cut, well saw it, to any size you want. Just file the edges when you're done.

image.jpg

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I have four different baby gates in the shed (I don't need them now). Baby gates were VITAL during potty training (and puppy rearing) as I corralled the dog being trained where I was so I could see them, monitor the pup's every move and stick to their strict potty schedule. Bea and Bo were trained to NOT TOUCH the baby gate so I can lean one up virtually anywhere and they'll still stay behind it. This works well for when the plumber or another work person had to be in the house and doesn't want two bulldogs up in their grill.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
We use the baby gates for everything too, and Bacon is afraid of them so we can just rest them places and he won't mess with them.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.