Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chewing/eating ALL types of bedding!

Dog Park Attendant TonkaTruck28's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tonka
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    I did see at Petsmart that Kong makes a crate pillow, they seem to be made stronger than other pillows, they are square, and they have a much thicker outer cover, almost like a canvas material. I wonder if they would be bully jowl safe lol
    If your Tonka is a chewer this crate pad will NOT do it, dont spend the money. We have 2 for my Tonka, who is not really a chewer, he gnaws on his toys when we are home and sleeps when we are at work, but when he was teething he ripped into his first one and took the stuffing out no problems. Every now and then i notice him nibbling on the corners and it doesnt take much to wreck them!

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Chewing/eating ALL types of bedding!

Amber is no longer in a crate; she behaves "most" of the time and seems to have grown out of the chewing stage for the most part. Still sucks on her stuffies but not destroying them so much. She destroyed the bottom of her crate too so we went to Lowes and got a piece of pile wood the size of the bottom of the crate and slid that in there just before we left her lose for good. No blanket or stuffies, just the pile wood and eventually she got where we could leave her out. Good luck.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Check out kuranda dog beds..... I have yet to get one but I am in the same position as you. Half of my fur kids get no bed at all cuz they eat or mark them. Silly bullies!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

@Meggs19 and @Vikinggirl I feel your pain!!! I always say that if it hasn't got a pulse then Linus will eat it. So far he has eaten wood, plastic, material, walls, half a dead mouse, glass .... you get the idea.

Here's a rough summary of our sleeping arrangements for Linus in order of events.

Step 1 ........ notice that Linus has eaten the corner of the black crate liner. Remove crate liner and replace as that one had already had a crack in it.

Step 2 ..... Linus eats second crate liner. Remove crate liner and do NOT replace.

Step 3 ... realise that Linus is now eating the fluffy soft blankets ... remove blankets and put towels in.

Step 4 ... Linus has eaten the towels.

Step 5 ... take out all bedding and all crate so now Linus is on the crate "bars" Notice that Linus is attempting to eat the hardwood floors in between the bars.

Step 6 .... get EXTRA large black crate liner, place on floor. Put a towel on top of black liner and sit crate on top of towel. Hoping this would give him something soft to lie on. Go grocery shopping and return in 30 minutes. Linus has pulled towel through the crate bars and has eaten towel.

Step 7 .... Linus now has to go in crate sitting on EXTRA big black crate liner.

Step 8 .... I feel so guilty that Linus is sleeping like this that on night times I start to put a blanket in and only leave him without a blanket when we are both out.

Step 9 ... Discover this morning that Linus has been secretly eating the blanket during the night ...............

Step 10 ... Return to Step 7

Not a great help I know ..... but at least you know you are not alone. Tagging @JAKEISGREAT who has even better stories to share!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tonka
    Likes (Received)

Oh my gosh, @kazzy220!!! That's totally not funny but yet your post had me laughing!! Those little buggers love to chew! I think Tonka will be like Linus! He has chewed all the wood on our kitchen cabinets during the day when we are not home too. I might have to go the plywood and carpet route that was suggested! When you say crate liner, you mean those black trays that slide in the bottom that are plastic? If they are larger, he doesn't chew into them?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tonka
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Check out kuranda dog beds..... I have yet to get one but I am in the same position as you. Half of my fur kids get no bed at all cuz they eat or mark them. Silly bullies!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Thanks! I will look into this too!

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

@kazzy220..........makes me even more grateful that Vegas is a lover and not a chewer! He did some small things as a pup, but nothing in years.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Meggs19 View Post
    Oh my gosh, @kazzy220!!! That's totally not funny but yet your post had me laughing!! Those little buggers love to chew! I think Tonka will be like Linus! He has chewed all the wood on our kitchen cabinets during the day when we are not home too. I might have to go the plywood and carpet route that was suggested! When you say crate liner, you mean those black trays that slide in the bottom that are plastic? If they are larger, he doesn't chew into them?

Yes the black plastic trays that slide in and out of the bottom. I bought an extra large one .... much bigger than the size of his crate ... and sit his crate on top of it so he can't get to the edges and chew it. This stops him eating the hardwood floors underneath!!!

Arts'y bulldog farts'y Become a 4 Paw Member ModernFemme's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

How long is your bully typically crated for during the day? Possibly the reason for being bored/destructive? Some dogs seem to have a higher patience for being in their room for extended periods of time. Does he also do it at night?

My dog will also eat or pee on anything, so I feel your pain. Remi will have fits and tear into his bedding sometimes pretty aggressively, but within 10 minutes he is passed out.

(Remi loves socks. And boxers. Every morning, he inhales his food and runs back up stairs before I can get him, and when I call him back down, he ALWAYS has something in his mouth. This morning it was my belt :/)

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

@Meggs19 I did order the washable liner online. K-9 Ballistics advertised on EBN. When Ruggles had turned 4 and was still eating beds I asked the vet when he would stop chewing up everthing and his reply was when he is dead. Some dogs just don't outgrow chewing everything! Good luck with Tonka!

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

WOW, and I thought mine were bad. I just thought of something funny, isn't it ironic that you named your EB Linus. That's the character from Charlie Brown who always carried a blanket. Didn't anyone tell your dog that Linus didn't eat his blanket? Lol

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Someone Say EAT STUFF????

Jake has eaten and swallowed and thrown up and pooped out soooo many things!

One of his favorites are the bindings of towels. Any size towels...
    Then there are of course, the stuffed mice the cat has.
    He especially like the corners of ALL my rugs!
    Once he ate the color brochures that the air conditioning man left for us to peruse at our leisure. Ohh we saw them alright! In pieces in his
    He loves bark..attached to trees or just laying around!
    He has chewed and swallowed sooo many dog beds, that he only gets near them now IF he is sleeping on one and we are in the room!!!!
    He did ALMOST outdo himself, when he jumped on the bed, ate the back half of a chenille pillow sham AND left the pillow looking surprisingly whole!!

But...The coup de gras is probably the cat scratcher he ate. The VERY EXPENSIVE cat scratcher...So
    YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads