Thread: I don't get it!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Default I don't get it!

Seriously why does my dog not give me any notice or let me know she's gotta potty, instead shed rather do it right in front of me and then run to the door! It's so confusing why they won't let u know but she knows where she's suppose to go then runs to the door after she's done it. Thank u all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Ali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I don't get it!

how old is she an when you first started to potty train did you use pee pads? Cause maybe that's what she's doing going where the pad used to be? Good luck she will figure it out soon

Bulldog(s) Names
    Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

Char doesn't give notice, she's on a schedule. We take her out at the same times daily, if we're running really late or her schedule's off, she'll bark a bit, and if we don't figure it out she'll just go..but I don't blame her for it

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Some will never let you know and some will, but they will get on a schedule. So when they wake up, finish playing ,after eating, take them out. If it's a pup, then take them out every hour or so, depending on how old they are. I say if they go in the house, it's my fault for not paying enough attention to the signs they will usually give. Once they have to potty training down pat, you don't have to watch as much. So peeps will train them to use a bell. I never have but we have ours on a schedule and it works pretty well.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

We got her when she was 8 weeks she is now 6 1/2 months and still battling same issue, and I have never used lee pads, she's on a sched, she gets rewarded and I have a bell at the door for her as well! But would rather do what she wants lol. So stubborn hahah. I pray she out grows this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Could be she knows where she needs to go but when she realizes she needs to go she couldn't hold it so she goes right there.

Mine is on a schedule as well. I don't know if they'll bark or do whatever if they have to go, they can hold it much longer than the scheduled time to go.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Well, we just made sure Jake was out every hour while he was learning, whether or not he had to go or not. We were trained to train him! He is nearly 2 and still has never really let us know! I just make sure he has the opportunity.

:shhhh: another thing...just between us...I noticed you called her a ummm "dog". She is a

Remove Ads