URGENT!!! I don't get it!

Bellababy1

Jun 13, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Seriously why does my dog not give me any notice or let me know she's gotta potty, instead shed rather do it right in front of me and then run to the door! It's so confusing why they won't let u know but she knows where she's suppose to go then runs to the door after she's done it. Thank u all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: how old is she an when you first started to potty train did you use pee pads? Cause maybe that's what she's doing going where the pad used to be? Good luck she will figure it out soon

Taylor

Jul 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
Char doesn't give notice, she's on a schedule. We take her out at the same times daily, if we're running really late or her schedule's off, she'll bark a bit, and if we don't figure it out she'll just go..but I don't blame her for it

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Some will never let you know and some will, but they will get on a schedule. So when they wake up, finish playing ,after eating, take them out. If it's a pup, then take them out every hour or so, depending on how old they are. I say if they go in the house, it's my fault for not paying enough attention to the signs they will usually give. Once they have to potty training down pat, you don't have to watch as much. So peeps will train them to use a bell. I never have but we have ours on a schedule and it works pretty well.

OP
Bellababy1

Bellababy1

Jun 13, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
We got her when she was 8 weeks she is now 6 1/2 months and still battling same issue, and I have never used lee pads, she's on a sched, she gets rewarded and I have a bell at the door for her as well! But would rather do what she wants lol. So stubborn hahah. I pray she out grows this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Could be she knows where she needs to go but when she realizes she needs to go she couldn't hold it so she goes right there.

Mine is on a schedule as well. I don't know if they'll bark or do whatever if they have to go, they can hold it much longer than the scheduled time to go.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hmm: Well, we just made sure Jake was out every hour while he was learning, whether or not he had to go or not. We were trained to train him! He is nearly 2 and still has never really let us know! I just make sure he has the opportunity.

:shhhh: another thing...just between us...I noticed you called her a ummm "dog". :eek: She is a :bully: :laugh:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.