Other Happy then sad!

Bellababy1

Jun 13, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I wanted to get on here this morning and just tell everybody for one time in 3 1/2months which is since I have had my bully, that I was going to say for the first time ever we didn't have an accident, WRONG, as soon as we was getting ready for bed she decides to stop and pee on my carpet like usual and then run and hide from me, ugh why so stubborn, my hopes r well on its way of hoping this will end very soon, thank u all for all the support and comment I recent questions with potty braking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Re: Happy then 😞sad!

My guess is that she doesn't know what you want from her. It's not her fault. Create a strict schedule and stick to it. She's running away because you are teaching her to be fearful. Your sweet pup wants to please you...it's in her DNA to do so! Be patient - don't rant or make a giant production when she makes a mistake - and stick to a very strict schedule. When you can't watch her -- crate or exercise pen her. When I was at work, my dogs had access to a potty pad on a tray (bed, toys, water too) and they used it. When she does go outside, THEN make a big POSTIVE production out of it. Is she food motivated? Bring treats with you. Do all of these things and she will catch on, I promise you.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

My guess is that she doesn't know what you want from her. It's not her fault. Create a strict schedule and stick to it. She's running away because you are teaching her to be fearful. Your sweet pup wants to please you...it's in her DNA to do so! Be patient - don't rant or make a giant production when she makes a mistake - and stick to a very strict schedule. When you can't watch her -- crate or exercise pen her. When I was at work, my dogs had access to a potty pad on a tray (bed, toys, water too) and they used it. When she does go outside, THEN make a big POSTIVE production out of it. Is she food motivated? Bring treats with you. Do all of these things and she will catch on, I promise you.

Well said and great advice!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Don't give up!! You'll get there eventually!!! :yes:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Don't worry, you will have bragging rights soon, just keep going! ;). Well said Vicaroo1000 :up:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps

they learn at different rates and times. The more consistant the quicker she'll pick it up. don't scold her, just pick her up and take her outside and say Potty time. Like you said she is 3 months old, that's not so bad yet.

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston

Great advice!! I also agree a schedule is so important! When Winston had accidents i just brought him outside and said this is where you go potty. When he did go outside I used to jump around say good boy and give him treats, he looked at me like I was half nuts but he got the point! Stick with it, these little babies are smart, she will learn!!

OP
Bellababy1

Bellababy1

Jun 13, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Thanks u all she's 6 months old lol, and yes I praise and we have a strick shed we stick with every single day I have to say she's doing allot better these last couple weeks she's actually ringing her bell at the door yay! So u have good feelings this potting might be ending soon! Thanks again!😃😃😃

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard

Thanks u all she's 6 months old lol, and yes I praise and we have a strick shed we stick with every single day I have to say she's doing allot better these last couple weeks she's actually ringing her bell at the door yay! So u have good feelings this potting might be ending soon! Thanks again!������

It will! Potty training challenges is probably the MOST POSTED problem here. You are not alone.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)

The other thing to address is being sure you are eliminating the odor from where she already went to discourage her using the area again. Natures Miracle or some other type of odor eliminator. (even vinegar works, but the NM is specifically formulated for it)

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank

:butterfly: yeah if you make it a big deal an yell at her that's attention an she will keep doing it an if you are mean she will start to hide when she needs to go like everyone said just scoop her up an take her out an praise praise praise all dogs love attention even if it bad attention they don't know they just know when they do this they get interaction with you don't worry you will get their an everytime I used to say babe he hasn't gone in the house for awhile he ends up doing it I jinx myself all the time. Hang in it will happen

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.