Help Needed! Best training harness for puppys?

Hero4u2b

Aug 24, 2012
Palm Beach County Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Could someone here please tell me which training harness they prefer? I sent away for one called the EZ training harness from Mednota but it basically is used to slow down or stop a pulling dog without choking him. They use them with bird dogs. hunting dogs. I have a regular harness as well but it really won't turn him or get him moving. I was having great luck with a standard collar and leash but yesterday he was so excited at seeing one of his puppy friends outside he kept choking himself and then vomited as a result of that. I went back to a harness today because of the choking but which would be prefered with a puppy of 6 months. Thanks everyone. Hero

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
When my pup was younger, we really liked the Kong harness. It had a chest plate and applied all pulling across his chest. When he outgrew the medium, we had to find a different one because the large size didn't work with his bully body. After trying on many styles, we decided on the the Ezydog quickfit. It also does a great job of applying pressure on the chest and not on the neck and it is super quick to put on ~ just slip over the head and clasp around the belly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
H

Hero4u2b

Aug 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Thanks Corlando but the problem is him at times NOT moving. Just sitting down and looking off. Other times if there is one of his puppy friends and its time to go. He will choke himself with a regular collar trying to play if its time to go.

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
[MENTION=5798]Hero4u2b[/MENTION] I use the easy walk with duchess it works great. In terms of getting her to move, what I learned is she's a bully and if she doesn't want to move she isn't going to move. 2 things helped with duchess and she improved immensely, hot dogs to get her back on track and focusing on me and walking and when standing next to her tug on the leash to the side to get her off balance similar to a correction you would see given by someone using a pinch collar.

OP
H

Hero4u2b

Aug 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Thanks Scueva. I will look it up. He is getting better and at times does great but other days he seems so slow and lazy. I kind of gave up and sit down with him in the grass and rub his belly when he is enjoying the grass outside. He has a few favorite spots where he does this. I switched back to his regular harness for now because when he see's his puppy friends he ends up choking himself and threw up the other day as a result so until he is trained better or should I say conditoned I am back to the harness. I will look up the easy walk and Thanks

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.