General Question Excited pee?

Loves Bacon

Aug 21, 2012
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Our Bacon is doing great when it comes to potty training. Our home have a doggy door so she know to go outside whenever she need to pee/potty. She hasn't had any crate accidents for at least three weeks (had her for 7 weeks and she's almost 4 mo) and only 1 accident inside out home in within the 3 weeks as well.
But the last 4 days she's been peeing (more like leaking coz not a full on pee) every time I take her out of her crate, whenever people come over and pet her or when she meets people outside (we started taking her out in public a week and half ago).
Don't know how to address this. Any advise is much appreciated,

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349612652.161398.jpg

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
My boy is almost two years old and is such a happy boy that he, even still, happy pees occasionally.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Happy piddles are a tough one to handle... wish i had some advice, but I'll do some research and see if i can find anything for you

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
They outgrow it! What worked for us was just approaching them calmly and not baby talking or feeding into their excitement. Just calmly open the door and scoot right outside.

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
They outgrow it! What worked for us was just approaching them calmly and not baby talking or feeding into their excitement. Just calmly open the door and scoot right outside.

I am guilty of total baby talking. :whistle:

OP
Loves Bacon

Loves Bacon

Aug 21, 2012
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Ok, I could really use some help here. I tried everything and she is still peeing every time she sees me. I tried ignoring her I tied hiding from her but it doesn't work. As soon as she sees me she tries to run to me and she starts peeing leaving a long trail of pee from where she sees me until she gets to me.
This doesn't happen with my kids and my wife. Yes she gets most of her love from me (cuddles, plays, walks and praises) and I don't want that to stop but everytime she sees me (from waking up, from work, coming back from a long run) she pee.
Anything will help.

Thanks,

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350056675.721343.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Ok, I could really use some help here. I tried everything and she is still peeing every time she sees me. I tried ignoring her I tied hiding from her but it doesn't work. As soon as she sees me she tries to run to me and she starts peeing leaving a long trail of pee from where she sees me until she gets to me.
This doesn't happen with my kids and my wife. Yes she gets most of her love from me (cuddles, plays, walks and praises) and I don't want that to stop but everytime she sees me (from waking up, from work, coming back from a long run) she pee.
Anything will help.

Thanks,

View attachment 28510

She may consider you her alpha? You know how when you are around someone you highly respect you may fumble and get nervous? I would suggest a few long play times, and make sure she goes out to do her business first thing before greeting you? That is a tough one for sure. Maybe even get her checked for a UTI just to be on the safe side.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
So Denali our boxer did this for years, sorry.....she eventually aged out of it at like 10....years old. Hopefully you won't have the same problem. Wouldn't matter if we put her out right before someone came over or not. They would reach down to pet and bam.....a little tinkle would come.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
My Dolly did this for 3 years and now she doesn't do it anymore, she grew out of it.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard

I have to agree with my friend here. I might suggest this; cooperate with your family members so that Bacon has gone OUTSIDE and peed BEFORE you come in the door. THEN, come in the door "no touch, no talk, NO EYE CONTACT" <=== key I'm convinced she'll grow out of this but maybe this might help move that along. You are "reconditioning" her to not be excited when she sees you. The leaking is a body function she cannot control at this point - so emptying her out first, will help. Another thing, how is your energy when you come in the door? Are you anxious? You know, waiting for the dog to pee? Try this; remove that thought from you mind and think about a warm plate of chocolate chip cookies or even sex --- something pleasant and wonderful - NOT THE DOG PEEING. Part of her issue could be picking up on your anxiety. Try this combo platter and let me know what happens! This is a complaint I see often!

GOOD LUCK!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.