General Question Peeing all the time!

Bellababy1

Jun 13, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
My puppy precious is 5months now I got her when she was 8 weeks, so the problem is do bulldogs ever give u signal besides just doing it that they have to go potty, my pup has been working on this for three months and still acts like she don't care about going outside even tho she knows its naughty to go potty in the house! She has had a bladder infection about 3 weeks ago and I thought we succeeded finally then two days later she started potty in the house again, we do a sched, along with the bell at the door she gets rewarded all the time for going outside, but she will just go to door an go and u will have no idea cuz she don't let u know, so any suggestions on how long this will take or if its just the breed its so frustrating I need help, thank u all. πŸ˜‹

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Re: Peeing all the time! 😩😩😩😩

It just depends on the bully. Some learn faster than others. Just be patient and she will get it, she is still young yet. You may have to go back to the basics. When she stops playing, go outside, after she eats, go outside, as soon as she wakes up, go outside. It's up to you to show her what to do and with time she will learn.

SunDog

Mar 26, 2011
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lupe (or Lulu)

Do you have access to any other dogs (like family member or trusted friend?). Potty training went really easy for us because we had two other dogs and they REALLY show puppies the rules. I wonder if a few play dates would help. Have a visit, after 10 minutes go outside, once one dog goes potty yours will surely say, "Oh! Right! I know this routine.."

i know our girl is really habitual, so it could be that your puppy established a habit when she was sick that will just take a little longer to break. Be patient, a lot more patience than you'd expect. Also, if you haven't already, try a trigger phrase, like, "go potty" I still rel on this when it's bedtime and I just want Lupe to stop mozing around.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)

I have three and their signals are all different. Sebastian will bark at the door, Oliver will either scratch or ring the bells, and Remy only stands there and looks at you every so often so if I'm not paying attention, I don't see him at the door. She is young, she'll get it, you just gotta be patience and keep her on the schedule.

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman

have a little (a lot) of patience, she's still a baby and is still a little sick and confused. just keep up the good work and remember that YOU have to learn to understand her as well. all dogs are different, unfortunately so there are no rules for bulldogs or dogs in general. try to not get frustrated with her, and if you do, try to not show her your frustration. good luck!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps

@Bellababy1 you got all the great advise already. and at 5 months old she's still kinda young. Some of mine had regression before they got it right.

OP
Bellababy1

Bellababy1

Jun 13, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Thank u all so much I really appreciate all ur support I'll be updating as time goes on!πŸ‘

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom

Maybe her bladder infection didn't clear up completely, sometimes they pee a lot because of a bladder infection. Also which brand of puppy food are u using? Blossom was peeing a lot more when she was having problems with her food. We went from Royal Canin, to Go Natural, and now we're trying Fromms. Good luck

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank

:butterfly: Franklin only walks to the door an then he gives me the :stinkeye: or I just take him out when I think he needs to go he will be 6 months on Monday an he hasn't go in the house in a few weeks (knock on wood) but I have a 3 year old helping him which is a lot easier when you have another dog she helped my mother in laws dog learn how

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard

Be patient; establish a FIRM schedule and stick to it. Don't wait for her to tell you when she has to go --- you tell her it's time to go (per the strict schedule you've established) and pretty soon, she'll know that --- because of the schedule -- she'll hold it until it's her potty time. Take a cookie with you and praise her like mad (not enough to interrupt of course) and follow it up by giving her a HIGH VALUE treat when she pees right away. Another thing I would suggest to folks is using the SAME DOOR each time. Eventually, the dog will figure out that all roads lead to potty ville but until they're firmly established as potty trained, use the same door. Less confusion for the pup.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.