Help Needed! Urinating on her things

Ladys

Jul 25, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
lady
Lady for the past few months has actually been doing well with her potty training. Since she's home most of the day she occasionally poops on the floor and pees out of the pad (pee pad is already saturated) since neither myself or fiance are home to take her out. Issue that I'm having is that she pees on everything that is "hers". We have to constantly wash her blanket and bed and some of her toys as well. One day I came into the kitchen and was welcomed by the aroming smell of urine. I looked at the pad and the pad was clean and found that she was laying on her bed and there was a huge urine spot near her butt. Looked like she was "too lazy" to even get up to use the bathroom. Is this still a puppy fase? Thanks

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
How old is lady? the laying on the pad with a pee spot behind her where you said it looked like she was too lazy to get up, would concern me that maybe she has a UTI or something??? but also sounds to me like she has too much freedom too fast ... room to roam is earned. my female gave me a run for my money around the time of her first heat cycle she was trying to assert her dominance and claim everything as hers by peeing (marking) it. she was a strong willed young girl but found that having blankets and toys was way better then having everything taken away from her, the better she acted and the less dominance she tried to assert was rewarded with things like blankets toy and freedoms to have more space etc. not sure if what you are going through is the same thing but hopefully it might help to know at least that you're not alone in your situation and things can get better.

You need to make sure to set boundaries and limitations and then consistency and follow through are key when it comes to training our bulldog babies. It's all worth it in the end I promise

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I agree with both the health concern and that she has too much freedom. I'm not sure of her age, but until she is 100% potty trained or at least close...she should have a small area to stay in. If she continues to pee on her bedding, you ill probably have to remove her bedding. I know this sounds mean..but it works!

OP
Ladys

Ladys

Jul 25, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
lady
She's 6 months old and drinks water like a camel lol. I'm going to try to make her area smaller during the day and remove the toys and bedding. Thanks for suggestions and I'll try and implement all these suggestions in place.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.