Other I have a very notty bully

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Tank will be 2 october 16th and it just seems like one issue after another. we had major issues at night and while gone so we started crating him which took care of that. we never had any potty issues during the day then all of a sudden hes peeing on pillows and blankets like crazy! he goes out quite a bit so i dont think thats the issue. only thing i can come up with is that its cause of school starting but its been a month now since it started and hes not letting up. He was at the vet recently cause he cant keep things out of his mouth that dont belong there *grumbles* so we know there is no infections (i made them check since we were there) He is not neutered yet it is planned to happen in february unfortunately i dont see it happenning any sooner due to funds. Also when hes in play mode or he decides to be a brat he wont listen. you can hollar at him till your blue in the face and hell ignore you if he dont feel like listening. Other times he is perfect except the need to be right up my rear 90% of the time lol! Any suggestions on how to stop the marking and to get him to listen when hes in his stubborn mode? weve tried newspapers (he now destroys them as soon as they enter the house or is left in the drive) and weve tried a water bottle (that too got ate :/) he has a thing against discipline unfortunately hes very strong willed.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I haven't tried it personally but I know other people on here have said to put spare change in an empty soda bottle and shake it to get their attention when they are misbehaving. As far as getting him to stop marking I don't know. We got Bacon fixed recently and he had only done it once or twice prior to that.

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
He peed on my 6 year olds favorite blanket a few days ago or so and he was caught doing it nick was so mad he chased tank around then peed on tank and asked tank how he liked it. I was dumbfounded the husband was laughing his rear off and nick was made to help bathe tank *shakes head* tank has since been more secretive of his nottiness which isn't fun when you find it :/

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
He peed on my 6 year olds favorite blanket a few days ago or so and he was caught doing it nick was so mad he chased tank around then peed on tank and asked tank how he liked it. I was dumbfounded the husband was laughing his rear off and nick was made to help bathe tank *shakes head* tank has since been more secretive of his nottiness which isn't fun when you find it :/

That's an interesting way of handling it :LMAO:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Do you take him on walks? A tired bully is a better behaved bully.

He wants attention, and you need to put the focus on positive attention. Walks and interactive play/training.

As far as retraining for the stubbornness. Be consistent with one word calm firm commands, and you might just be amazed at the difference it will make and how quick.

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman

oh gosh, i hope you dont have two kiddies going around marking things LOL

Herman can get stubborn sometimes - my main issue is when he starts biting my ankles and grabbing my pants because he wants to play. I put him in 'time out'. That actually doesn't help much, but it sure makes me feel better! LOL One thing you can try is to get his attention on something else - he could either be bored or want attention. So I try teaching Herman a new trick or practicing commands with his clicker to get him out of play mode.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
he is bored and full of energy.... walks will help and some strong consistent basic training

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Good advice here! Exercise leadership with your pup using energy / body language -- not hollering since dogs don't speak English and it's not working anyway, may as well try something new. Humans are the only species that will follow an unbalanced pack leader. Be Calm, Be assertive! Be your dog's pack leader!

Remember also that he's only two. They don't call them the "terrible twos" for nothing!

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Thanks for the info. Ive tried taking him for walks and he turns into a statue :/ and when he dont want to do something theres no moving him :(. most of the time he just sleeps. i thought this was just normal and let him be. Ill definately try getting his butt up and more active.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.