General Question Overly excited?

KimboSlice

Sep 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Kimbo
So Kimbo has officially turned 7 months (Yay!) For the last couple months, we've been keeping him in the kitchen when he's inside the house and on occasion will let him out into the living room to play.(Well at least try to play, we often end up just taking him outside) We do this because he chews on the first thing that he sees. He's even managed to chew up a hole in my kitchen wall and the corners. As much as I wanted to be angry, I understood because of the whole teething process. He's stopped with the chewing. Now that hes getting a bit older, I want to be able to let him around the house little by little. Here's my issue:

Before I open the gate from the kitchen, I get him to sit and wait. He does well at this, but as soon as I say "ok lets go" he runs at 100 miles/second:blink: He often runs so quick he ends up crashing into the walls. I know its probably because hes super excited to be out. I've tried this with his leash on and he does the same thing. He'll snap up anything on the carpet he can find too. Often times, he'll run straigh towards the bedroom. (he knows his way around) and crash into the door. :blink:For the most part, I will sit with him in the kitchen and play with him there. I'll read a book, be on my ipad sometimes and just have him on my lap there.

He's always well behaved on his leash outside. He only acts bonkers everywhere else in the house except the kitchen. It would be nice to be able to sit in the living room with him and not the tiled kitchen floor one day. Anyone have any suggestions or know why he's like this?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well he is still full of pup and will eventually calm down. If the weather is not too hot out, you might try to give him a walk before letting him out to work off some of the energy.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Amber use to do this when I left her out of her kennel but she is 10 months old and I just started giving her the freedom of the front of the house during the day while I am at work. Once she had more freedom she has calmed down and doesn't run so crazy but she still is high spirited. When I come in she mets me at the door and if I have anything in my hands it is history. So, I usually go in first and greet her and let her calm down then go back to the truck and get my belongings. Try throwing or tossing something around for a fews minutes to let him exhaust some of the energy, then let him out a little at a time.

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
I guess there is so much new stuff to chew on outside of the kitchen! I think once he explores enough it wont be so exciting to him, just keep an eye on him when he's loose. You can also try setting up an x-pen for him with some of his toys in the living room if he gets to rambunctious, at least you can sit on your couch with him in the living room and not the kitchen :2thumbs:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online