Other Update on tanks behavior consult

SuggieMama

Aug 5, 2012
fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Ok, So we took tank to the training center to meet the trainer and have an evaluation done,Apparently Tank is a well behaved boy and its a mommy issue :ashamed:. the trainer took hold of Tanks leash and had another trainer w another dog walk past him....and it was like night and day!!!! he said its my energy and that the dog knows hes the ruler and alpha not me....So he said watching his behavior ,tank just needs to learn whos boss and told us all he thinks we need is a one hour private training in our home w one of the other trainers,and that Tank doesnt need any sort of boot camp.... huge smile and relief there. so we prepaid the one hour" in our home" $125 and now are waiting just to find a day that works for us all...not as bad as i thought it would b....YAY! ill keep you all posted :) Thank you all for your advice and encouragement...
P.S. daddy was putting the easy walk harness on Tank wrong so thats why he had so much leverage to pull....had it upsidedown LOL OOPSIE

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Ok, So we took tank to the training center to meet the trainer and have an evaluation done,Apparently Tank is a well behaved boy and its a mommy issue :ashamed:.

Bad mommy!!!

P.S. daddy was putting the easy walk harness on Tank wrong so thats why he had so much leverage to pull....had it upsidedown LOL OOPSIE

Bad daddy!!!

LOL glad you (mom and dad) are making progress. As suspected, Tank is the perfect, well-behaved baby!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
That's funny!!! :ROFL:

OP
SuggieMama

SuggieMama

Aug 5, 2012
fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
yeah, i have anxiety issues....but the true test will be when te trainer SEES what we are up agianst w 50 dogs within 14 houses..It was kinda funny, cus the trainer said "there can only be 1 Alpha in the house"....gues who i picked to be her? LOL!!!:whistle:. it was crazy through how he just grabbed tanks leash and off they went ,Tank right by his side! Made me look like a liar...Ge got soo many compliments on how well his behavior was...little snot!:)

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Cesar's right, it's always the parents who are the problem. Never the dog, especially if the dog is a sweet, angelic bully like Tank!

OP
SuggieMama

SuggieMama

Aug 5, 2012
fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I have to admit< i am a sucker for that beautiful underbite w that tongue sticking out... yup,i let him walk, crawl,sit on me when ever he likes...LOL ...but i DONT let the boyfriend do it to me.... its all about balance right?lol :biglaugh: but no really i do need to learn how to control my bully better,for his own good. i want a well behaved doggy, cus one day i may need to be in an apt and i may be on my own. and my dog needs to know who is boss..ive tried that whole roll them on their back when they are being dominant.UMm not exactly easy rolling him on his side...my big behemoth...i love him SOOO much:heart::heart::heart:

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
I'm glad Tank is good :) it is true, that 'There isnt a bad dog, only a bad owner' (not saying you are bad, but, oh .. you know what I mean) :) :) :)

Cesar is a good read on Alpha and Pack leading :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What great news.... best of luck!!!

OP
SuggieMama

SuggieMama

Aug 5, 2012
fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Another update on Tank, So we had our one hour training w the trainer in our home yesteday,And remember how i said there are alot of dogs down my street that distract the walk?Well , wouldnt you know it, when the trainer came at 5:30 pm and not one freaking dog was out, so he wasnt able to see what we go through. None the less, he showed us how to handle it. And due to his anxiety and other issues the trainer suggested we get a crate for Tank so that he has his OWN space... Well we thought that was going to be hard in itself to get him to go in it. Since in all reality we dont know what Tank has been used to,due to who we got him from not being very "honest"...Anywho, we had a crate that we had from 3 yrs ago when we had bought our other Bully Bella (RIP) but my boyfriend couldnt pit it up fast enough lol. the minute it was up.Tank went in. LOL i was shocked. ill post a pic in a minute (from my phone). He said overall there arent any behavioral issues its just mommy and daddy need to take control cus hes a whole lotta dog on short legs:ROFL:. it was crazy how a stranger can come in and take total control of a dog he just met. I def have a new found confidence that i am on the right track, just needed a quik lesson :). One tip i thought was really cool was... we use the easy walk harness (now that we KNOW how to use) , but Tank always managed to pull his leg out when he struggled against,So the trainer showed us to also attach it to his regular collar; that way it doesnt slip down far enough that he can pull out a leg...And ill be darned! it worked...I was actually able to walk my doggy with him walking me. thanks for all your support guys:)..anyone else in bradenton/sarasota area that ever needs a reference for a trainer PM me and ill let you know who i used. It was def worth the $125...

OP
SuggieMama

SuggieMama

Aug 5, 2012
fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348233579.939685.jpg tank and his sister pug in crate :)

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
[MENTION=5642]SuggieMama[/MENTION] - just curious what size crate that is you have for Tank? Herman's outgrown his and needs a larger one, this looks like Tank has space to walk around in?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Great progress! Now that you know you will be brilliant I am sure of it! That positive energy will go right down his leash! Keep up the good work mamma :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
SuggieMama

SuggieMama

Aug 5, 2012
fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
@SuggieMama - just curious what size crate that is you have for Tank? Herman's outgrown his and needs a larger one, this looks like Tank has space to walk around in?

UMM ive had this crate for years from when we bought our first bully Bella 3 yrs ago (RIP) it came w divider...31" tall 40" long and 27" wide... its huge

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.