Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much out-of-crate time does your puppy get?

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    By many names depending on the situation?
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How much out-of-crate time does your puppy get?

Hello,

I am a big believer in crate training. As others have posted, if they are started off in crate training, this becomes a safe place for them. When carpet cleaners come over, repair people or even when TOO many people are over for a party or event, having a safe place is important for a Bulldog.

Your schedule seems to work. The older your dog gets the more free time can be out. But you will discover that even leaving the crates open, your dog will just decide to go in and lay down for a nap.

Good Day~
    B&B~ABEBD

"Opinions are FREE, Suggestions are TRUSTED, Advice is RESPECTED" bwl @2013

Doggie Boutique Owner Izzy's Mom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Izzy
    Likes (Received)

Petsmart do not offer puppy play time here in Houston.... too bad, the idea sounded so cute!

Izzy loves her crate, I leave the door open and often times she goes there by herself and plays inside her crate when we are home. As much as I wish I could spend 24/7 with her I have been noticing that every time I come home she looks so sleepy! That makes me feel a little better about leaving her alone, it means that she probably naps all day when we are not around.

Also as much as I love taking her out for walks and exercise she acts the happiest when she is back home playing with her toys!

Real Name
    Holly
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda (Tilly)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mizinha23 View Post
    That is a great idea, I will call the Petsmart close to my place and check on the puppy playtime for her. Thanks for sharing!!!
    Sure! Petco does it as well, so I swap between them based on the times we can make it

Real Name
    Holly
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda (Tilly)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ABEBD View Post
    Hello,

I am a big believer in crate training. As others have posted, if they are started off in crate training, this becomes a safe place for them. When carpet cleaners come over, repair people or even when TOO many people are over for a party or event, having a safe place is important for a Bulldog.

Your schedule seems to work. The older your dog gets the more free time can be out. But you will discover that even leaving the crates open, your dog will just decide to go in and lay down for a nap.

Good Day~
    Thank you! I'm so glad I went through with doing it! It really is starting to work out in my favor! She loves her crate. She'll just go in to sleep. I also always had the rule in my house that once she goes in her crate, we do not physically remove her. She has to come out on her own. It works really well, she feels very safe there! It also probably helps that I put all of her favorite treats (stuffed kongs, etc) in her crate.... She thinks there's always one hiding in there!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads