Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New development in his nighttime behavior!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Stoagie
    Likes (Received)

Default New development in his nighttime behavior!

For the past few nights around 930 pm until I go to bed (around 11 or midnight) my little Stoagie is growlie and jumpy and just overall hyper....not growlie in like an aggressive way just like a play way. When I sit he jumps at me at the couch repeatedly, when I walk away he jumps at my legs and chases me even though I am not running, just overall hyperness he doesn't express throughout the day. I walk him multiple times a day, I play with him with his toys, but for some reason he's just really hyper right now and its kind of disruptive because I get sleepy and lazy around this time and just want to relax really lol.

He will be 4 months old on Sept. 4th.

Anyone have any idea why he is suddenly acting like this???
    The two loves of my life fart and snore like crazy....what does that say about me??? ;D
    *Daniel.Sabina.Stoagie*

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New development in his nighttime behavior!

No idea here, why he's acting like that, but he is getting something out of it. I would just totally ignore it and the second he stops, reward that. Or maybe go for a walk at that time when he has all that energy or redirect the energy to something else...

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

No advice really, just sounds like crazy puppy energy. Miila at 2 years old still gets a spurt of crazies about the time my daughter goes to bed. Since it isn't playtime I ignore it and she settles back down.

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gunner
    Likes (Received)

LOL welcome to my life with Gunner. Since he was about 12 weeks old this has been happening with him. He's 8 months old. I have called the breeder on several occasions for a refund. I want to know when the lazy dog that sleeps most of the day appears... I put country music on for him and it calms him down and he goes to sleep finally. (I learned this from the Neonatal unit at the Childrens hospital)

Bully lovin' gypsy Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Herman
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I have heard it called the 'puppy crazies' - its just like a burst of energy and it's normal. If I remember correctly they just need to expend some extra energy they have. Maybe get his attention and teach him some tricks that use brain power - that seems to drain any energy they have LOL

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

My pup has been doing this since we brought him home at 8 weeks old. At first, we were alarmed and thought something was wrong, but now we know its just "crazy dog" time. It's almost like a Dr. Jeckle/Mr. Hyde thing and my sweet docile pup goes wild! It's quite entertaining, though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Real Name
    Holly
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda (Tilly)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Stoagie713 View Post
    For the past few nights around 930 pm until I go to bed (around 11 or midnight) my little Stoagie is growlie and jumpy and just overall hyper....not growlie in like an aggressive way just like a play way. When I sit he jumps at me at the couch repeatedly, when I walk away he jumps at my legs and chases me even though I am not running, just overall hyperness he doesn't express throughout the day. I walk him multiple times a day, I play with him with his toys, but for some reason he's just really hyper right now and its kind of disruptive because I get sleepy and lazy around this time and just want to relax really lol.

He will be 4 months old on Sept. 4th.

Anyone have any idea why he is suddenly acting like this???
    HAHA, I knew his age before you even wrote it. My 3 mo old is the same way. I don't know if you're crate training, but the way I get her to settle down before bed time is I crate her with a stuffed kong. She likes the spray filler the best (puppy cheese flavored). By the time she gets all the cheesy spray out, she's been sitting quietly and chewing for some time, and falls right asleep after!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

One of my favorite parts of f puppyhood! I love when they are ripping around!

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Bacon does the exact same thing, we call him Batdog during this time, he will literally go tearing all over the place until he wears himself out. One thing I've been doing lately since it had cooled off is I take him out in the yard and let him chase the laser pointer until he stops running, he loves chasing it. It's gotten to the point where he will go sit where the flashlight is hanging and stare at it hoping it is time to go play.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

I call it the bewitching hour, something about the last play fling before bed time.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

It will go away in a few....... years!! We called it 'spaz attack' - once it was done, so were they === snoring
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog(s) Names
    Stoagie
    Likes (Received)

Thanks to everyone for your input at least I know it's not just me not getting him out enough cause trust me I try to! [: I am learning to love it more and more and definitely want to get a laser pointer! They are so funny with those things.
    The two loves of my life fart and snore like crazy....what does that say about me??? ;D
    *Daniel.Sabina.Stoagie*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads