General Question Yay for first Kennel experience!!!!

Stoagie713

Sep 12, 2012
Vacaville, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stoagie
Today was me and my husbands first time leaving Stoagie alone in his kennel, we wanted to go out to dinner and I had to pick up some work pants and shoes as well as get my eyebrows done (desperately needed!) haha

Well we fed him beforehand, took him out to the restroom, put his favorite toys in the kennel and right before we left I took him for a good little walk.
He has his water bottle set up in the kennel which he already knew how to drink out of.

I was so worried he'd be really upset or he'd poop or pee all in the kennel and then sit or sleep in it, well I can't say if he was really upset since we left he may or may not have cried....but he didn't poop OR pee in the kennel.

He was left alone for about 4 hours.

I am so happy and proud of my little baby :2thumbs::clap2::w00t:

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
See! Nothing to worry about. If he's anything like Herman, he probably appreciates his "me time" LOL Herman often retreats to the BACK of his crate to get away from me :(

OP
Stoagie713

Stoagie713

Sep 12, 2012
Vacaville, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stoagie
See! Nothing to worry about. If he's anything like Herman, he probably appreciates his "me time" LOL Herman often retreats to the BACK of his crate to get away from me :(

I'm glad he did so well [: and awww :( everyone appreciates "me time" though lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Crates are wonderful for them... we call it their 'safe zone'

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
They do enjoy their quiet time in their crates from time to time. Ours will go in there on their own when they want some quiet time. Crate training is a good thing and keeps them safe when you are not at home.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas loves his crate, when he was a pup I locked the door when we left, now at 3.5 yrs old I know I can totally trust him, but we still keep his crate. He goes in on his own and sleeps a lot door wide open.

OP
Stoagie713

Stoagie713

Sep 12, 2012
Vacaville, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stoagie
I'm hoping as he gets older we will be able to trust him but I am SO happy that he takes to it so well, he was held in a kennel all up until he came home with us though so that might have helped.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Keep up the good work... the more you do it (even if it is just a very short amount of time) he will learn to accept ( if not love it) and understand that when you leave you will come back. Continue to enjoy couples time :2thumbs:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.