General Question Harness

lilythebully

Mar 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily & Lola(frenchie)
I was wondering what kind of harness do your bullies use. I've seen ones that run across their chest, and i wonder if those are more comfortable.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
depends on what the need is and how the pup is on leash. I can place any type on Banks as she walks well on leash, does not pull and stays beside me. Chelios -- has to have a no pull... not only does he pull, but he also refuses to walk a straight line.... Mr. Zig Zag is his name when out on a walk.

TonkaTruck28

Mar 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
It won't let me load a pic but we use the EzyDog convert harness for Tonka which is an across the chest and under the belly type harness. We absolutely love it. We have had other types of harnesses (this is his 3rd) an the convert wins hands down. It is expensive, but worth it I think ( the handle is the greatest feature ever for a stubborn bully!)

babyjax

Aug 29, 2012
tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Jax
Jax uses the Kong one that I bought at Petsmart. It has a handle on the back which makes it very convenient if i need to hold on to him. It is also very durable and stylish.

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
I might look into other harness options too. We have one from Petsmart right now that goes under the tummy and arms and clips on top of the back and we thought it was OK, but Tonka doesn't like it. He goes and sits in the corner when he sees me grab it. :)

OP
lilythebully

lilythebully

Mar 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily & Lola(frenchie)
I googled the EzyDog harness and it looks exactly like the one i had in mind, but i kept on looking for something similar but less expensive. There's no specific reason as to why i want the harness, i just feel like it'd be more comfortable for my bully, especially when we i take her for a walk/run. (most of the time is a one block run :p). I guess i will try the ezydog unless i find something else.

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
I'm in a similar search for a harness for Ellie. She seems to do fine on her collar and leash here at almost 5 months, but I'd like to get her into a harness once she gets closer to a year. Are harnesses with chest plates a better option than harnesses that either the front legs slip through holes, the head just slides through a hole, etc? Is there an age that's best for switching to a harness? This is just a "picky me" thing, but with the EzyDog Convert, does the ridiculously huge EzyDog logo on the side come off?

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
Yes the logo on the side is Velcro. You can actually order different badges if you want from their site.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.