General Question So confused

KelseyandAtticus

Aug 8, 2012
Athens, West Virginia, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Atticus
The past few days Atticus has had more energy than normal. He's chewed on everything. Refuses to walk on his leash. He's humping anything that will hold still long enough including us. He won't lay down or take a nap until he absolutely passes out, and he's barking at everything. This isn't his normal behavior at all and I dont know of something is setting him off. My mom and little brother visited for a few days, so I thought that might be the reason. He hasn't stopped. I also thought that maybe this is his normal personality nd it's coming out now that he feels better. He's off antibiotics and his last dose of ivermectin was Tuesday. He's only had the occasional benadryl in the last two weeks. Is there something that could be setting him off?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think you probably answered your own question... He feels better so now it's time to conquer the world!!!

Seriously the same happened to me but my Tidus was 9 months old.... I had to accept that my sweet little lazy puppy was not who he really was... He was hiding inside the whole time.... Time to start training from scratch now... And you will get used to it and love just the same!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
KelseyandAtticus

KelseyandAtticus

Aug 8, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Atticus
Well I'm glad to know that nothing is wrong... It's not like I'm overprotective r anything lol... My first thought is there has to be something wrong with everything else, not my sweet little Atty hahaha

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
13 weeks, running around like a crazy puppy, chewing everything, sounds right. Watch your feet once he discovers them they will be his favorite chew toy :evil::jumping:

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Bacon was a humper until we got him fixed, after that he hasn't done any humping since, he was also only 6-7 months old at the time so the behavior wasn't nearly as ingrained in his mind as a 5 year old.

OP
KelseyandAtticus

KelseyandAtticus

Aug 8, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Atticus
He did it before but only occasionally and it seemed more of a dominance thing bc it was only things that were bigger than him...I wonder if his newfound rotten streak is partly to blame and we'll have to establish pack leader all over again. He still has one more set if shots so walks are out of the question at the moment since we live in a very dog friendly apt complex. I try to make sure that we have plenty of exercise inside the house and make him work for his food(sit and stay)...I love his energy level but would like his obedience level to return lol.... Thanks again for all the great advice...everybody on ere keeps me from worrying myself to death

OP
KelseyandAtticus

KelseyandAtticus

Aug 8, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Atticus
Then this happens and all is forgiven
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347041364.397358.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347041374.972586.jpg ( please excuse my disheveled appearance like I said it's been a rough day lol)

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Awwwww - so cuuuuute!!!!!! You can never stay mad at them, even when they scratch and bite and all the yelling they cause. I'm sure Atticus cant wait to explore the world. I'm so happy he's feeling better. (good for him, bad for you!)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.