Help Needed! Potty training what am I doing wrong?

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
So Lola has always been good about going potty outside but this last week she has went crazy! I take her out and she will go potty then I come inside and 15 or 20 minutes later she will go in the house then run to the door. She knows to go to the door and has been doing it really well for a couple weeks tell this week now she goes potty then goes to the door. So frustrating because every day its getting worse and nothing has changed in her schedule I just dont get it! Any ideas?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
If she seems to want to go more than usual, it could be a UTI ??

If not just hang in there, it takes time

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Its not like a UTI I think when I take her out she gets to run and play around the yard for a while and she isnt thinking about going potty while she is out there then she comes in and it hits her that she has to potty and she just goes then runs to the door when she remembers she goes potty outside. She obviously knows she needs to go outside because she runs to the door. This is my thought Im going ot take her out on the leash and I will walk with her while she goes potty. She will lose some of her outside time for now but I need to keep a closer eye on her. Also Im going to try the bells ad everytime I take her outside I will ring the bells tell she gets it, is that how you do it?

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Update! I went and bought the bells and hung them by my door and she caught on really fast! She knows when she rings those bells it means outside and although she has had one accident since getting the hang of it she is doing wonderful! I should have done this a long time ago!

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Lola is still doing well with the bells and for a while now I take her out and once she potties we come back in and for some reason she hasnt been going in the house like she was! She doesnt get to play outside as much because im trying to train her that its potty time when she rings the bells but she is doing so much better! Thanks everyone!

Most Reactions