Help Needed! Hooey is "spraying" on everything!!

hparker37

Feb 13, 2012
Kingwood, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooey
I need some help!! Hooey is 1&1/2 years old so he has been spraying things & lifting his leg to potty for quite awhile now. If there is a pile of clothes or even a towel on the floor, hooey will go over to it & "mark his territory". IT DRIVES ME NUTS! It can be right after we take him out & he will still come inside & do it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get him to stop? Besides constantly picking up my clothes off the ground? ;) any help is appreciated!!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=4295]hparker37[/MENTION] - Bo doesn't mark in the house but outside, he's a marking machine! This just started in the last month or so. He's will turn two in February. I'm not sure what you'd do in the house except disagree with the behavior and watch him so closely that he never has a chance to do so. Don't leave things on the floor that "inspire" him. When we are outside, I control when/where Bo gets to pee/mark or whatever so that's a leadership exercise thing. When we are in walking mode, we are in walking mode and I control the stops, see?

I hope he grows out of this. Bo is neutered (of course, as he should be) since I am not a breeder nor do I plan to have puppies anytime soon with anyone. If your pup is not neutered, frustration can be borne out of your male dog's inability to breed -- which is instinctual not behavioral. The best thing you can do for your boy pup is neuter. Period.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.