Seriously???

Mountainlover

Jun 19, 2012
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Our puppy has urinated on my husband two days in a row now! :bitching: Let me tell you, he is not happy about it. :cursing: We have never had a pup that would pee on us before and don't know what to make of it. He had just done both outside a few minutes earlier and hadn't had anything to drink since. He holds it for 6-7 hours at night, so it seems intentional. Anyone else ever have this problem? What should we do about it?

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
I would think it's an "excitement" thing. Our Ellie rolls over onto her back for anyone that she meets expecting a belly rub and she'll sometimes pee a little out of excitement. When we took her to a training class, she peed on me twice while I was holding her (she wasn't used to walking on a leash at the time) when she met some new people.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ya...Happy Pee?? Maybe?? I hope! :D

Ditto^^^^^^^^^^^

Does this happen when she is overly excited as [MENTION=4890]spork3127[/MENTION] stated? Or is she just walking up and doing her business?

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I'm not a behavioral expert at all....but I moved to the behavioral section so hopefully those who might be able to help you are more likely to see your question.

OP
Mountainlover

Mountainlover

Jun 19, 2012
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
It doesn't seem like an excited pee, nor was he waking up and taking care of business. He doesn't seem to like to be held. Anytime we try to hold him he bites us. It seemed more like an "I own you" kind of thing. He seems very dominate. He charges into our other dog, right into her side. He pees on my husband. He bites all of us. I can't ever have my feet on the floor or he bites them. He is a very cute, but difficult to control puppy.

Cyndi

Aug 7, 2012
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Champ (English), CeCe (Frenchie)
Hey! I actually just watched a "Dog Whisperer" episode where a Rotti did this to his owner. Cesar said it's a sign of dominance and needs to be corrected immediately! Hope this helps and good luck!!!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Nobody is cute enough to put up with bad behavior as this. It's past due you take charge and reprimand. Some folks on here wrote lots of good advise on behavioral training, different styles but I'm sure many of them would work. You are in charge of your house, not Winston, the longer this goes on the harder it will be to train. Please , please look in the Training and Behavioral forums. You will be glad you did, thank me later. :smoochwink:

[MENTION=5168]Mountainlover[/MENTION]

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
How do you show a dog that thinks he is the king of the house that he isn't?

This is our method:

Feed him all of his meals just a few pieces at a time and he must perform a command before getting any. You really only need to do this for a few days most likely.

When you go for a walk, he needs to walk behind you or by your side and not in front of you. When you go into the house, he needs to wait for you to go inside first. Don't allow him on the sofa for a while and then when you do let him up, he must be invited. Don't allow him to jump up there on his own accord. kwim?

With the biting, this is soooo normal for a bully puppy. He is not unusual. What I did/do is make a sound and then move away from him and ignore him until he is calm then try to play again. If he bites again, repeat.

There really are a lot of people here that are more experienced than I am and I am sure they will come along very soon with some great advice. The tips above worked for us.

Heff102

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours!
Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
Maybe he is just trying to tell your husband to "Piss Off" as Gordon Ramsey would say.

lol

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Emma had an excitement/nervous piddle whenever she would see someone, young, old didn't matter. I too had never had a dog that did this but had seen it many times. She eventually grew out of it at about 5/6 months of age (she's 9 months now). I'd do some research so your husband has a better understanding of what's going on if that in fact is the reason. Hang in there!!!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
My older Basset will pee from excitement. She has always done it but ONLY when our one friend visits. He is like a mini dog whisperer. He has 3 BIG dogs and he loves Lucy and spends the whole time cuddling and playing with her.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
How old is this pup? Like a baby right? If so, too young to be putting a dominance program together. I suspect over excitement. Regulate the use of "excited puppy talk" and anything else that gets him whacked out. Bo gets humpy when he gets over excited. Regulate excitement; problem solved. The key for Bo is getting "ahead" of him and nipping in the bud. It just means that I have to be very observant when he and Bea are playing at the off leash area.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
How old is this pup? Like a baby right? If so, too young to be putting a dominance program together. I suspect over excitement. Regulate the use of "excited puppy talk" and anything else that gets him whacked out. Bo gets humpy when he gets over excited. Regulate excitement; problem solved. The key for Bo is getting "ahead" of him and nipping in the bud. It just means that I have to be very observant when he and Bea are playing at the off leash area.

[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] is right. If this genuinely is a dominance thing, google that Nothing In Life Is Free and stick like glue to the principles. And you will thank her later. :D

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.